What Camera to For a Newbie

I started off about 5-6 years ago with my Nikon D3200 the camera its self shoots at 24 megapixels. the kit lens that it comes with is nice, but i bought a tamron 70-300mm lens zoom for it, which was inexpensive and the camera on best buy should be fairly cheap now.:trink39:

I agree with the others, Canon will have better "IQ" image quality and a wider selection of lens ... and better and cheaper lens .... and take a good look at that 150 - 600 lens .. (for wildlife)
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Funny....not one person has suggested a Canon...and you're agreeing with "imagined" people suggesting Canon...we've had ONE person suggesting Olympus, and the rest suggest Nikons, and you're "agreeing with the others" about Canon? What? Canon does not have better image quality than Nikon or Sony, but is in fact, lower in most testing metrics like dynamic range, color bit depth, signal to noise ration,and High ISO performance...

You may also look at Nikon D500.

Not a big fan of DX but it is actually an advantege for wildlife and It has...

153-Point AF System
10 fps Shooting for Up to 200 Frames

Thank you all for the suggestions. I really appreciate it. I'm really leaning towards the Nikon D800.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the suggestions. I really appreciate it. I'm really leaning towards the Nikon D800.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The D800 is pretty well-made, and focuses quite well. It has the old "flagship-level" 51-point AF system and the MultiCAM 3500 autofocus module...the one that was on the $7999 Nikon D3x a few years before the D800 hit the streets. it's a half-heigh body that can be fitted with a vertical handgrip and shutter release, if desired. I shot 24-MP FX Nikon from 2012 to the present, with the D3x, and more recently with the Nikon D610. While 24-MP FX is very high in image quality, the 36-MP file size in the D800 offers more crop-in capability, in my opinion. And its sensor does pretty well in lower light levels.

To do landscape photography photographer tend to invest in a digital SLR or Mirrorless camera. Both system have their pros and cons. Before choosing one, you just have to consider versatility, preference and weight. If your intends to shoot star trails, the Northern Lights or the Milky Way, higher ISO performance should be a consideration. You should also consider megapixels and good dynamic range.

In my opinion, the best cameras for landscape photography that you will find a handful of options are:

1. Canon EOS 5DS R

2. Nikon D810

3. Canon 5D Mk IV

For wildlife photography I prefer Canon EOS-1D X Mark II and

Canon EOS 80D

I have a D500 and it's lovely for action shots, tested it on sports, hopefully get a chance to test it on birds in flight this weekend and it performs well for landscapes. The flippy screen is awesome, can't believe how much I love it(lol). I used to have the first generation Tamron 150-600mm lens and it was a great piece of kit to learn and get started on for photographing wildlife. I've also seen great images from the Sigma equivalent too.

There is a great review on the D800 by a forum member here: D800 vs. D610 Review
I would definitely give it a read if you're interested in going full frame.

To do landscape photography photographer tend to invest in a digital SLR or Mirrorless camera. Both system have their pros and cons. Before choosing one, you just have to consider versatility, preference and weight. If your intends to shoot star trails, the Northern Lights or the Milky Way, higher ISO performance should be a consideration. You should also consider megapixels and good dynamic range.

In my opinion, the best cameras for landscape photography that you will find a handful of options are:

Canon EOS 5DS R

Canon 5D Mk IV

For wildlife photography I prefer Canon EOS-1D X Mark II and

Canon EOS 80D

OK, sure the 1Dx and 80D are both good ... but it also depends on the lens

www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Most reactions

New Topics

Back