What did you get for Christmas?

I got a remote flash control, a grip for my T3i, and all the parts to build a electric rc airplane.

Well, there's this (found here, which you'll have to click on to see the picture: Christmas gear | Photography Forum)

Okay, these gifts are likely only exciting for me, but I am pretty stoked about them both...

First, I got three packs of Fuji 3000B. That's the black and white instant emulsion that was discontinued but I love love love it! I got a stash of it just after its demise was announced but before prices were hiked, and ever since then, I've been slowly adding to my stash here and there, so it was nice to get three more packs.

Second, and even more exciting, I also got a waist-level finder for my 645. They're very hard to find, but Buzz found one for me a few months ago and snagged it for my Christmas gift.:586:

(And yes, the camera is already loaded with Tri-X and it's ready to shoot! :D )
View attachment 113370

I also got a Vivian Maier book, some assorted scarves/gloves/sweaters, plus the AeroPress, a nice large pocketbook/small tote from my sister, and a book of Joan Didion essays.

I said, "get a grip," and he did.
I bought myself a Nikon DSLR for $45. This one has an autofocus motor in the body, my other Nikon DSLR does not.

I got a new BBQ. A big gas one with hotplates.
Couple of days and I will be grillin.

I got a bicycle (last one got stolen) and some film developed. Also my mom mailed me some Texas salsa/beef jerky.

Was a pretty quiet Christmas.

Oh good, not photography related. :allteeth:

A graphic shirt from San Diego that my sister gave me for present. A stainless steel watch, a brand I have never heard from her boy friend. A nice calendar from a close friend. And, I just bought an expensive watch today on after Christmas sale.

Got a watch from the wife, and Santa (me) is getting me a film back for my yet to be purchased 645.

I said, "get a grip," and he did.
I bought myself a Nikon DSLR for $45. This one has an autofocus motor in the body, my other Nikon DSLR does not.

That sounds like a great deal.
What model?

D70. One of these days I'll spring for a hotter model but for what I do right now, this level is fine. And a DSLR for that price is like 20 bucks as far as I am concerned. Which is what I paid for a Nikon N70 film camera body.
I bought a digital camera recently that has a thumping one megabyte. Haven't shot anything with it yet but I want to see what kind of quality I can get for 1 MB.

An espresso machine and a leather weekend bag. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Misc. alcoholic beverages, books, useful things, spices... but the best by far is having three days of food, wine, talk, more food, hugs and kisses, more food, much laughter with my family, extended family, and families of my various sons-in-law. Best gifts are those of company, companionship, fellowship, and belonging. Also helps when most of one's family (and extended family) are people you really want to be with - I got really lucky when I married the love of my life. My daughters seem to have picked up that magic - each son-in-law is level-headed, hard-working, smart but humble, with good emotional stability.

Also got a CD from one daughter to expand my musical repertoire... Will share later. Discovering the artists who I did not know before. Well, new to me.

Misc. alcoholic beverages, books, useful things, spices... but the best by far is having three days of food, wine, talk, more food, hugs and kisses, more food, much laughter with my family, extended family, and families of my various sons-in-law. Best gifts are those of company, companionship, fellowship, and belonging. Also helps when most of one's family (and extended family) are people you really want to be with - I got really lucky when I married the love of my life. My daughters seem to have picked up that magic - each son-in-law is level-headed, hard-working, smart but humble, with good emotional stability.

Also got a CD from one daughter to expand my musical repertoire... Will share later. Discovering the artists who I did not know before. Well, new to me.

I have eaten so much I could puke at the menchan of food! :aiwebs_016:

Sounds like a really great time! and he is another hug for you!:icon_hug:

Most reactions

Back