What do you make of this?

It's for auction. If the seller doesn't get his minimum bid, he can take it down or start a new auction.

If you want to know if it is still available, do a new search on E-bay.

If you want to bid, just go with whatever the minimum increment is, and go for it. If you have never bid on E-bay, read the rules first, and register.

None of the links work except for "Buy It Now". All of the rest do nothing. Also the Current EBAY logo is all in Red and not Multi-color. Some poor schlep is gonna bite on this and loose a thousand bucks. :(

Yeah - looks like a scam, trying to grab passwords.

Cheapest I've seen for D850 at 16k shots is around $2600 on another forum I use..

It's for auction. If the seller doesn't get his minimum bid, he can take it down or start a new auction.

If you want to know if it is still available, do a new search on E-bay.

If you want to bid, just go with whatever the minimum increment is, and go for it. If you have never bid on E-bay, read the rules first, and register.

Here is how I got this link. The ad first appeared on CraigsList with a text only way of replying.

(original craigslist ad)
Nikon D850 with lens

I replied that I was interested the seller texted me to send them my email and that would send me all the info. The info stated that the camera belonged to his sister and that she would contact me. Later on I got an email from the sister with the ebay link in it. I 1st went to ebay and looked for the camera and it was not there, then I tried the link and got the suspicious page with the links that do not work. This thing has SCAM written all over it.

Last edited:
Cheapest I've seen for D850 at 16k shots is around $2600 on another forum I use..
That is for an actual D850, I doubt the author of the fake ad I found has ever seen a D850 let alone have one for sale.

Crooks are pretty clever these days.

This thing has SCAM written all over it.
Yes, it sure does.

I went to eBay last evening and searched for Nikon D850. There are quite a few on there, but not that deal.

All you have to do is look at the URL - there's nothing remotely eBay about it,and all of the other links on the page take you to the same "cameras-ph.digital" domain. Of course it's scam. Of interest though, how did you come across it?

.. how did you come across it?
see post #7

It's possible that this was originally a legitimate deal. Somebody received it as a gift, but didn't want it, and didn't know what it was. She put it up on eBay until she realized that it was worth more and took down the listing. But why she didn't ask for more after she could see that they are worth more, is unknown.

I think we can assume the seller now knows what its worth, and will be asking more. Why not follow up on this if you are actually interested in buying it? You could get more proof of the deal, get somebody local to check it out, get some references, etc. Full name (as listed on her DL), driver's license number, address, phone number, date of birth, etc. If its the real deal at that price, you could use it or sell it.

And before you fork over the dough, call the local police. In fact, make the transaction at the police station.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back