What do you think of my waves

Birse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I’ve just taken up photography in the New Year, and a friend of mine pointed me towards this forum, seems like you guys have a good community going on here. So I thought id post up a couple of pics from a recent and perilous trip to the local harbour in the middle of a storm. Anyway please tell me what you think. Thanks.

HarbourWall.jpg

SeaCadetsWave.jpg

on the first i'd say do a bit of cropping to make the wave more important in the picture. right now my eye gets distracted by all the stuff on the left. same with the second, crop out the cars around the wave. just leave the wave and the foreground.
you might also wanna ask comments from someone who is better at this than me though :)

Please read the FAQ at the head of the forum on size posting limitations and the criteria for this forum.

Thanks for the cropping advice, I gave that a shot and it did improve the overall feel a great deal. Its funny I can see when things like this would enhance someone else’s shot but find it harder to see how to improve my own. So thanks.

And sorry about the photo sizes, didn’t realise, I remember what it can be like if your stuck with a slower connection, so ill keep the size down in future.

on the first i'd say do a bit of cropping to make the wave more important in the picture. right now my eye gets distracted by all the stuff on the left. same with the second, crop out the cars around the wave. just leave the wave and the foreground.
you might also wanna ask comments from someone who is better at this than me though :)

I kind of disagree, all the boats and everything add to the "marina storm" feel (with the exception of the car), but I think you do need to watch your frame and take out the white and tan bag things on the lower left hand side. It seems to me that you really didn't mean to include those in your frame, and they feel unintentional.

As for the first image, my eyes immediately go to is the blaring red buoy, and the blue on the traps in the forground. I would just go into PS and dumb down those colors.

Hiya Birse, welcome to ThePhotoForum. :D

I have moved this post to the General Gallery. The Photo Critique section is reserved for more serious critique and therefore we like to keep it to one image at a time...(see FAQS), otherwise it just gets too confusing.

Feel free to post multiple images in other parts of the forum...or to re-post your images individually into the critique section, with a bit of an explanation of the shot and what you were trying to show.

Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back