What do you think.

mwcfarms

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.deannachambers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have been using /renting the Nikon 70-200 F2.8 VR II and saving up for it but a photography aquaintance is selling her VRI of this lens. Reviews look good not as good as the VRII but she shoots with her husband and both have the VRII now and don't need this one anymore. Selling it for 1000. Is that a good deal these days. Couldn't find anything locally to compare but I thought I saw somewhere they were around 1700 new a few years ago. Just curious as to your guys thoughts.

Oh I should add that I saw one on ebay for 604 that has just come back from Nikon Service with a 90 warranty with a faulty motor or some jazz and the other was 2300 which is obvioulsy a ridiculous price for the VR I.

Was that $604 a "buy it now" price? Because if it was an auction, then it will definitely rise a LOT before it sells! That is a steal @ $1000! Hell, the older 80-200 2.8 sells for just under a grand. I'd buy it if I were you!

if you don't want I will take it for a grand + shipping from them :)

No the 604 was me price comparin because I thought 1000 was a good price but wasn't sure. For all my research seems ike it will be a great lens for me. Thanks for the info.

$1000 is not unreasonable. it would depend on how well it works to determine if it is a steal but you can get many styles of 70-200 f2.8 for that price range new. sigma makes a nice apo version that is about $1000 new. new i would say the nikon would be superior but we're talking used here. so probably about equal.

$1,000 in Canadian money??? What is that, like $800 American? (lol...lol...lol) Actually, I have no idea what the exchange rate is these days...heck, maybe a Canadian dollar is worth more than a US dollar these days--I honestly do not know. I have so,so little need for Moosehead beer or Canadian fishing lures or hard, white winter wheat, that I don't order anything from across the line these days...

GO FOR IT!!!!!

Dee, if you can get a VR I for ~$1000, grab it! I paid $1200 for mine two years ago, and that was a GOOD price at the time. Used gear prices seem to be really rising lately. I don't think you will have any complaints about it. This is a 70-200 VR I shot (bear in mind that IQ has been greatly reduced for web display, but you can see it's a sharp image).

Hey guys, thanks for the info. Yup I went for it. She has been pretty good to her gear, travels in the local circles photographically speaking in my area so is known person who isn't trying to sell me junk. Meeting her on Tuesday to try it out and pick it up.Kinda like buying a new car but better. Lol.

Most reactions

Back