Original:
I took the original and used Photoshop to change this to black and white and edited it to make the clouds literally pop from the sky.
Great pic! :thumbup: Can I ask what you used in Photoshop to make the clouds pop? I like that a lot.
As to the OP, here's a couple of my original photo's, and then the finished product when I was done in Photoshop.
Original:
Finished Photo:
For that photo, I straightened it out, as it was lop-side. I also centered her up some and cropped closer to her. Then I adjusted the brightness and contrast, especially on the bricks, to make them "pop" with color. I also brightened and contrasted her eyes, and sharpened them up. Lastly, I blurred the top and bottom of the steps some, to make her the center of the image.
Original:
Finished Photo:
For this one, I cropped it some to make it more of an up-close portrait. I also used the cloning tool to fix the hair on her ears and to smoothe it out some (she has some scarring on her ears where there's no hair, from past abuse before I got her). I also cropped out the mat, adjusted the brightness and contrast, and greyscaled the photo. I adjusted the contrast after I greyscale it, in order to darken her up some (as she's a dark red dachshund). Lastly I blurred the edges, and sharpened up her eyes to make them more noticeable.
Last one...
Original:
Finished Photo:
For this one, I straightened it up, as it was unbalanced, and cropped it some to make it a closer portrait. I cropped out all the background and left just the wood paneling in the background. I adjusted the color on the bricks to give them some warmth, and adjusted the brightness and contrast. I also sharpened her eyes up to make them more visual.