What does everyone do for a living?

i'm a massage therapist at a spa and a data analyst at a magazine, but get to test drive cars as a side benefit to the data gig.

oh yea, photography is just a hobby for me but i've managed to get one of my shots in the magazine :) still waiting to see it get published...

Im an Engineer / Designer for a company that makes retail displays. We do a lot of work for Moen at Lowes. Working on a lot of displays for GE Lighting at the moment. Go to Lowes or Walmart and you are sure to see a display I designed and helped make.

Im also the photographer at the company. I do the photo shoots for the display when its finished. You can see the things I designed and took photos of on our website.

www.point-of-sale.com

I take part of that back. The Retail division part of the website isnt up. Our company also does exhibit displays. I dont do much for that part of the company.

graigdavis said:
Go to Lowes or Walmart and you are sure to see a display I designed and helped make.
Talk about national exposure! :thumbsup:

I design security systems for large enterprises usually (Access Control, CCTV, Alarm, Sat Tracking) and provide Sys Admin services.

As of ten months ago I was a steel mill rat in Michigan.

After a bit of hard work and luck, I am now an instructor at a college teaching welding and metallurgy.

Photography was a job, now just a hobby. Hope to earn some much needed income at some point with it though.

thebeginning said:
man everybody has such important sounding jobs.
It's just a corporate scheme to make us feel less like a bunch of office rats. :lol: Do not be deceived!

Sharkbait said:
I would kill to be able to be involved in F1. :drool: Which team do/did you work with?

I started with Tyrrell, then worked with Arrows, Jordan and Minardi over the last 4 years (did some worh for Jaguar/red bull as well).

It does have some perks (driving the cars is NOT one of them) but I spent nearly a working month in the air last year (I dread to imagine how much of my life I spend in departure halls and baggage claim). After a while working away from home 180days a year and putting in 20hr+ working days time after time gets soul destroying which is why I've left

andycarnall said:
I started with Tyrrell, then worked with Arrows, Jordan and Minardi over the last 4 years (did some worh for Jaguar/red bull as well).

It does have some perks (driving the cars is NOT one of them) but I spent nearly a working month in the air last year (I dread to imagine how much of my life I spend in departure halls and baggage claim). After a while working away from home 180days a year and putting in 20hr+ working days time after time gets soul destroying which is why I've left

I can imagine that those long days and time away kills you after awhile. Still, what a thing to be able to tell your grandchildren someday!

I am a student alongside Artemis (hiya my friend) and also I have some unofficial unpaid jobs. One of these is to act as a second opinion on a friends modelling work. I've only just recently become involved, only just really known her, but it's quite fun.
I'm hoping to stagger her with my style (more like cramp her) and pull her.
Only joking of course. Its as likely as waking up on the Moon.
I currently have no actual job because I'm concentrating my effort on attaining four A-Levels to make University a cert. Also, I get paid £30 a week sympathy money by the Government because I'm poor and going to college.
You'd think it's a good thing, it is, but in a way is saddening because it brings you to earth about how much your parents really earn. It feels like Blair is muttering an "Awww, poor little paupers" and thowing us some spare tax payers money.
Oh well, it comes in handy for building computers. :p

Most reactions

Back