What ever happened to:

Ah, the Wonderful 50's when we lived with the daily possibility of an all-out nuclear war, Racial segregation was just the way things were, sexual equality was a funny joke and we didn't know about Government cover-ups because they were covered up.
And cigarettes didn't cause cancer, they just made you a man.
Oh how I miss those days...

mysteryscribe said:
Sometimes it's better not to know and just enjoy the moment. Unless of course you are dating a cross dresser.
Only worry about that in the morning when (s)he needs a shave ;)

mysteryscribe said:
I refuse to join the 21 century. I shoot cameras from the fifties and I am working on my time machine prototype in my spare time. The time I had before I joined this site.

LOL. You have been sucked in!!! Man, I would have loved to take a spin in your time machine, but I know the pull of TPF will be stronger. :lmao:

Hertz van Rental said:
Ah, the Wonderful 50's when we lived with the daily possibility of an all-out nuclear war, Racial segregation was just the way things were, sexual equality was a funny joke and we didn't know about Government cover-ups because they were covered up.
And cigarettes didn't cause cancer, they just made you a man.
Oh how I miss those days...

I thought the 60's was the height of the cold war? :???:

That makes two of us, :) but i'm not actually in Newcastle. I'm up in Port Stephens, but its easier to say that i'm in Newy. I go to Uni in Newy though.

cjoe said:
That makes two of us, :) but i'm not actually in Newcastle. I'm up in Port Stephens, but its easier to say that i'm in Newy. I go to Uni in Newy though.

There's three of us, Essjayell is a Newy type and browses here occasionally. :)

Meh, I wish I lived in the 60's. I could have been a hippy lovechild, just like Jesus in Godspell :lol: Big blond afro, singing cool songs, playin' a tamborine, but no.

Should have been born in 80's. hip-hop and pastels. And it was ok for men to wear pink.

I do not understand our fascination with the past. So you are saying that life was better back then? or you liked the toys better back then?

Personally; the past is my teacher. I owe everything I am to the knowledge I experienced. The future is my motivation. Certainly the fact that anything is possible tomorrow is more exciting then anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back