What is going on with my light meter?

For starters, always double check your settings (i.e. your EV setting was off for this picture). Keep reading and learning. Congrats on going pro. You have more courage than most.

There is nothing wrong with your meter. Meters are DUMB, they always meter what you point them at to to Zone V (18%) neutral gray especially if you are using them in a spot rather than a matrix mode. They don't know the difference between a child's face and ping pong ball. If you are going to use a meter in the spot mode, you need to know something about what exactly it is you are actually metering. Most caucasian skin is Zone VI or even Zone VII in very fair skinned individuals like redheads. If you are going to meter off a caucasian face, you have to over expose by 1 f/ stop or more depending on the situation.

Last edited:
For starters, always double check your settings (i.e. your EV setting was off for this picture). Keep reading and learning. Congrats on going pro. You have more courage than most.

Tee, many "pro's" leave bestbuy cashier lines every day. I suspect it takes more charge card than either know-how or guts to become a self-proclaimed pro.

Tee... Going PRO and Being PRO are two different things.... How many of the new "PRO's" could survive off of their income from shooting.. if they didn't have a husband supporting them financially? ;)

. How many of the new "PRO's" could survive off of their income from shooting.. if they didn't have a husband supporting them financially? ;)

So this is why I'm not a pro. I don't have a husband to support me financially.... oh wait... what?? lol

. How many of the new "PRO's" could survive off of their income from shooting.. if they didn't have a husband supporting them financially? ;)

So this is why I'm not a pro. I don't have a husband to support me financially.... oh wait... what?? lol

Referring primarily to the surge in MWAC Pro's.... as you well know! I am sure you could find a "husband" if you wanted one! lol!

Referring primarily to the surge in MWAC Pro's.... as you well know! I am sure you could find a "husband" if you wanted one! lol!

Oh HELL NO! hahahah... nothing's wrong with that but I don't swing that way...

Oh HELL NO! hahahah... nothing's wrong with that but I don't swing that way...

LOL!
GarfieldROFLAO.gif

This: Exposure Bias (EV) {0x9204}-4/3 ===> -1.33

HELLO!! Exactly!! How did you NOT notice this?!

Makes you kind of wonder! :)

So, my photos are like dark and stuff but I totally know about spot metering, and stuff. My FB friends love my shots but this stuff is sorta hard. And, well the pixx are dark, and stuff. Then I took off my lens cover, and stuff, and whoa baby! Let there be light!

HELLO!! Exactly!! How did you NOT notice this?!

So, my photos are like dark and stuff but I totally know about spot metering, and stuff. My FB friends love my shots but this stuff is sorta hard. And, well the pixx are dark, and stuff. Then I took off my lens cover, and stuff, and whoa baby! Let there be light!

Sorry--as my profile indicates, I have a VERY dry sense of humor. But, c'mon. Your EC was set to underexpose by 1 1/3 stops and you come on here asking about problems with your light meter. That's like running out of gas and getting your car towed to the dealership to get the engine checked.

Sorry--as my profile indicates, I have a VERY dry sense of humor. But, c'mon. Your EC was set to underexpose by 1 1/3 stops and you come on here asking about problems with your light meter. That's like running out of gas and getting your car towed to the dealership to get the engine checked.

I believe EV will be part of the upcoming federally mandated photography business license testing.... and will be in essay form, not multiple choice! It will be interesting to see how many of the new breed of "Pros" can pass that! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back