What is going on with my light meter?

I suggest continue to blame the light meter per the opening thread topic. It just has to be the source of the EV being decreased a stop or so
bigthumb.gif

You are doing great!!! It's wonderful that you are passionate about this and is so lovely to be able to really capture the beauty you see in people and the world!! (Desi)

Last edited:
How do you know my husband supports me fiancially? You don't know me or my life. BTW, not that I necessarily care CGIPSON, but how did you know about my website? I have not linked it to search engines, you didn't know my name, or what I decided to call my site. To be honest, it's a little creepy. Others have googled me to see and it is next to impossible to pull up unless you know the EXACT address. (which is what I wanted) I did this because I really am only doing shoots for people that I know, have grown up with, and who are very local.

I could never survive on this and I'm not trying to. I have a career. I am so sorry you have such animosity in you. It must suck. I suggest you deter from this thread because clearly it is only aggrivating you. It's probably not worth it, IMO. I hope you have a good day and I have no problem saying I have seen your photos and I think they are great. Perhaps you are a nice person in REAL LIFE and since I don't REALLY know you as you don't KNOW ME, I have no right to say otherwise.

P.S. Life is too short to linger in threads that make you frustrated or angry. Go take some more beautiful pictures. ;)

For starters, always double check your settings (i.e. your EV setting was off for this picture). Keep reading and learning. Congrats on going pro. You have more courage than most.

You know, that was really sweet! I really appreciate it! I'm no where near great but if I can capture a photo that other people sem to enjoy than I'm going to do it; especially because I love it! There are so many negative and terrible things in this world and photography really keeps me in the moment. I'm having fun growing. It's scary to take a step, especially because I know I have so much more to learn and yet I like to take risks. What is the worst that could happen? I take some photos people don't like and learn from it. Not so risky. Plus, if anyone happened to not be satisfied, I would redo it for free or reimburse!

There is nothing wrong with your meter. Meters are DUMB, they always meter what you point them at to to Zone V (18%) neutral gray especially if you are using them in a spot rather than a matrix mode. They don't know the difference between a child's face and ping pong ball. If you are going to use a meter in the spot mode, you need to know something about what exactly it is you are actually metering. Most caucasian skin is Zone VI or even Zone VII in very fair skinned individuals like redheads. If you are going to meter off a caucasian face, you have to over expose by 1 f/ stop or more depending on the situation.

very helpful :)

I was referring to MWAC PRO's in general, and the concept of them being supported by their husbands (paraphrased) was put forth in a article I read on the MWAC explosion.... not something I came up with! Can't take the credit for that.... I wish I could find that article, I would post it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back