What is the BEST Zoom lens for the Nikon D7000??? Please help....

U

UGAgirlFAN

Currently I have the 70-300mm Nikon VR lens but is there anything better? I love to shoot wildlife and need a really great zoom.....Also what is a good Macro lens too? Thanks so much!!! Smiles and Blessings, Jen :)

I had a D7000 before going FX and I loved it with the nikon 70-200 f2.8 I still have. I am letting that lens go if you are interested in it. It has a longer reach with the D7000 since it's a crop sensor.

What are you looking for? Better IQ? Better Bokeh? Longer focal length? Faster apertures? WHAT? and we need a budget.....

Any Macro lens is going to be good... what lens you need depends on what type of subjects you normally shoot, how you light them... and your budget... how about more info?

I had a D7000 before going FX and I loved it with the nikon 70-200 f2.8 I still have. I am letting that lens go if you are interested in it. It has a longer reach with the D7000 since it's a crop sensor.

Is that the 70-200 2.8 VRII? That is an awesome lens... why are you letting it go? Or is this one of the older versions?

Her 300 is going to be longer yet.. on a DX, assuming she is after focal length...

Is that the 70-200 2.8 VRII? That is an awesome lens... why are you letting it go? Or is this one of the older versions?

Her 300 is going to be longer yet.. on a DX, assuming she is after focal length...

It's just the VR, not VRII. I am letting it go because I thought people photography was going to be my thing, but I want to venture into the Macro world.

It's just the VR, not VRII. I am letting it go because I thought people photography was going to be my thing, but I want to venture into the Macro world.

Not to mention, it's huge and it sits in my camera bag :(

What are you looking for? Better IQ? Better Bokeh? Longer focal length? Faster apertures? WHAT? and we need a budget.....

Any Macro lens is going to be good... what lens you need depends on what type of subjects you normally shoot, how you light them... and your budget... how about more info?

WOW!!!! Seriously, "Better IQ?" Is this what the site is about for amateur photographers just beginning....Never mind I will delete my account and go to another friendlier site. The sarcasm and insults are very rude and FYI, I am learning, this is my first DSLR so I am unexperienced on everything because I just got it recently. Thanks but no thanks, have a great day!

Look, you asked for the "BEST" zoom lens for the Nikon F-Mount. You didn't list a price, what you shoot (other than wildlife, hence my suggestion), what your interests are, or anything. There are zoom lenses on the super wide angle side, and there are zoom lenses on the super long telephoto side. If you ask an open ended question without a lot of info, expect people to not know WTF you want.

Dont get discouraged, there are nice people on here :) I don't have a lens suggestion just wanted to say that. Clickinmoms is a good alternative, I go there for my "newbie" questions. Less pissin' matches :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back