What is your End Game?

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious, but what is your goal with photography?
Do you want to become a:
Portrait Photographer? (Business/Second Income/Hobby)
Wedding Photographer? (Business/Second Income/Hobby)
Art Photographer?
Fashion Photography?
Stock Photography?
Photo-Journalist? (as a profession)
Scrapbooking?
Sports Photographer? (Pro/Hobby serving the community)
Take better pictures? (travel/family/events)
Other?

As a side question, do you have any background in the arts beyond High School? Any formal education in art/design?

My goal is to be an art photographer, and my immediate goal is to have a show in an art gallery by the middle of next year. I look at it as a possible second income. My partner is a picture framer, and this gives me some in roads to Interior Designers and gallery owners. My education in the arts started when I was very young and still continues, and when asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answer was always an 'Artist'.
Working with metal became my passion, and now own my own Jewelery Shop.

So, what about you?

Last edited:
Art. My path is through fashion photography... I like fabrics and textures, but not as part of an image. I respond to the way I think things might feel on the skin.

I have participated in art all my life. I can't point to a formal education but I feel well versed and comfortable in that realm.

Cool!
I didn't think about Fashion. Duh! :lol:

Good point too, about having a background in the arts. Not trying to say formal training is better, just looking for a grasp on various forms of art background, exposure...

Either sports or photo journalist. I'm leaning towards sports because I love to travel and have a deep passion for sports and shooting it would be a job that I love. A photo journalist is also nice but some of the things you have to see and then just keep shooting because it's part of the job just might be too much for me you kind of have to turn yourself off during that time it seems.

Woops I forgot landscape photographer.

Last edited:
Fashion/Commercial

Self taught

And uh....when you say partner......does that mean....you know....you're.....you know.....

3262262808_d577fd7136.jpg

^^ This without the bars, cage, wires and such.

Though idealy with a longer lens than I was using then!

And as for me no art training at all - I didn't even do art for GCSE level - so no history, studies nor training in that regard (which probably explains why I am currently a more technical than compositional photographer)

End game?

I want to take pictures I love for me. I don't want to sell them, but rather give prints to people that love my work.

Currently I'm aiming to be a commercial photographer with ties in magazines, web page layout, anything I can get basically. My ideal goal is to become a accomplished commercial photographer so I can make enough to enjoy my own personal shoots.

I don't really have a formal arts education, but I do have a formal design education. Thing is the art part was left out and we had to figure that out on our own :x

My wife and I have an end goal to pursue wedding and portrait photography full time within 5 years and get out of corporate. I think being in photography these past 20 years I've explored everything but the macro side of it. I've always been interested in photography however I was pretty much self taught b/c growing up in a typical filipino family the arts were never encouraged as a primary career path and I pursued engineering(my second love). The last couple of years we've been incorporating fashion photography into the business which has sparked something new for me...atleast alot more then my partner. Eventually I'd love concentrate on the fashion side of things and weddings while my partner concentrates on portraits and babies.

Hmm good question, I think for me it's too soon to know haha. I have only had a dslr for 2 months. But I have always been into the arts. Mostly drawing and painting. As of right now, I want to do it all haha. I'm sure in a few years I will know for sure what I am good at. There's so many options it's almost overwhelming!

What I would LOVE to do, is take photos for an auto magazine (Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc). I love performance vehicles, and to be first to see them/test them/shoot them would be awesome.

BUT I currently don't shoot cars ( :lol:) so my more realistic goal is to shoot, grow as a photographer, and see where my skills/talents seem to bloom or progress further, then attack that (portrait, commercial, real estate, wedding).

As for formal art training, I've had none. I'm technical minded and don't really get down with the arts. I'll tell you all day long how a camera works and all it's functions, how the sensor works, etc.... But I'll stare at a tree all day long trying to figure out how to make it look good in a photo.

Last edited:
I would love to be a sports photographer that would be my dream job. I love sports and think it would be a blast to have a job taking pictures of them. I don't see myself ever doing anything with photography professionally but I can dream.

But I'll stare at a tree all day long trying to figure out how to make it look good in a photo.

Trees are darn hard to photograph! I can never get them looking anything like as interesting as they look in real life....

I am new to photography but i just recently got into it and mainly just want to keep it a hobby. I would like to become all around better at photography doing landscapes and macro which i seem to like a lot. But i mainly want to keep it a hobby so i have something else to enjoy besides my Volkswagen :lol:

Documentary Photographer with wedding photography as a secondary source of income

i will be going to college for more formal education in the arts

Most reactions

Back