What is your End Game?

Good analogy. I guess if you wanted to make photography your career it would be like investing in a few lights and hydroponic gear (lenses and bodies) to really make some cash.

I don't like this analogy. Selling drugs is a CRIME. Fortunately, the type of photography most of us are interested in is legal. Sorry. I just hate when people assume drugs are accepted by the masses. I don't see how this is appropriate in a photo forum. Don't make me alert the good Christian folk now :)

Oh my GOD, a CRIME? are you SERIOUS??!? Well if it's illegal it must be the devil. :grumpy:

How about do yourself a favour and leave your narrow minded opinion out of what was, quite clearly, a joke.

I'm assuming the smily icon indicates that she was being sarcastic.

Me... I just want to take better pictures. I'll never sell anything, I had a friend ask me a few days ago to shoot his wedding... After a lot of haggling on his part and offering a good chunk of change, I finally got rid of him. I'm not interested the least bit on making a dime off of it.

My education consists of Information Technology, by trade, I'm a computer programmer for Macy's. I do have some entry level graphics design education, and took a few semesters of Art History, but other than that... I don't have any formal visual training.

Portrait and nature are both things I love in this field. I hope to start a business with in 1yr. doing family and events photos. I think abstract art photography is very cool too.

My art background did not extend into college, although I had my chance to go to Colombia in Chi. but was young and dumb and didn't take it! :banghead: In HS I took every art class I could, took some interior design classes in college.

I just like taking photos. Plus, photography mixes well with any other hobby you pick. My goal is to get better. If someone sees my work and wants to pay me to do something, that would be great too. I'm probably never going to actively seek out photography work though.

At some point, I would love to make money from my photography. As of right now, though, it's just a hobby. I have no formal training or schooling at all. I have been told I have an eye for the shot, though. I have some of my stuff on Flickr. My screen name there is glp70 also. Always interested in feedback if anyone wants to check them out.

I just want to get better at taking pictures. I scrapbook and like to document our family's travels. Some gorgeous pictures to decorate my house and give as gifts would be nice, too.

I'm an art minor with a background in mostly drawing and painting.

Hmm, I don't think I have an end game with photography, and I'm cool with that. I've had a camera forever (literally, back in high school- my 1st paycheck from my 1st job bought me a good old film p&s LOL). But I've never really thought about what I'm doing with the camera, just snapped.

My goal at the moment is to learn. I enjoy taking pictures, and usually I take pics of my kids, family, friends. I suppose if, one day, my skills (technically and creatively) are up to par and someone would like to pay me- I wouldn't say no! But, really it's a hobby for me, like my quilting ... I'll learn, and keep learning, and if I make a buck here or two off of it, that's cool, but it's not the reason why I do it. I do it because it makes me happy!

I really got interested when my wife and I came back from our honeymoon and our disposable camera pictures sucked! So I bought a Rebel XT in 2004. Then in 09 when My daughter was born I told my wife it would be cheaper for me to take our own pictures instead of paying someone else. Boy was I wrong I probally could have saved some money paying someone else :lol:! For me Its just for fun , all hobbies that I have tried to make a career out of I ended up usually not enjoying them nearly as much. I have absolutely no training , Im self taught thanks to all the people hear at TPF!

My end game is nothing more than I finally do something for me...Married at 21.. first baby at 22...second at 23...well 15 years later..kids are becoming more self reliant and a chance sale at a mall and I finally found a medium for my artistic side.

I found a hobby that doesn't isolate me from my family ..it engages us all....and even when they think I'm there for softball, football or whatever...I am really looking around and thinking to myself what to shoot next.

My ultimate goal is to get into automotive and portrait photography. I don't really care to make it a career but maybe getting to the point of bringing in a second income would be nice.

I took 35mm photos and wrote for my high school paper, but other than that I have no formal education as of right now. I'm looking into classes to shore up my overall composition skills.

Sports / skateboard-photographer, in these 4 steps:

1.) Convince my more talented friend to get crazy good at skateboarding.

2.) Get crazy good at taking photos of him.

3.) Get sponsored in some sort of photo-skateboard team.

4.) get crazy famous.

Well, that's the plan...

I got my knowledge mostly of the internet, plus a little books and other photographers.

Sooo, a year later...if you responded to this before, has your goal(s) changed? Stayed the same? Getting closer to reachin it?

I missed my photography goal, or at least I know it won't happen this year.
Oh well...

Apparently, I am subscribed to this thread, lol. I have to go look and see what I said then...

Not really sure...

Right now I have no plans and no goals.

There are a lot of things I'd like to do one day, but I don't think I'm good enough to do any of them right now.

I get lucky sometimes, but I'm not convinced that it's much more than that at this point.

Probably 80-90% of the pictures I take are family snapshots, so I feel like I'm way behind on everything else.
^^^that was 2/16/10.

I don't think much has changed since then.

I want to take pictures for self enjoyment. Anything really peaks my fancy, whether it be landscape/cityscape, sports, wildlife, etc. If it's interesting, I want to shoot it. I'm just starting to get back in the game after a long hiatus so maybe these things will become more focused in the coming months, who knows.
I have no formal art training, just all self taught. I am currently finishing a degree in engineering design, but thats mostly mathematical and common sense lol.

My main goal would honestly be that one day when I own a house I want to have art. Not only art from other artists that I like, but also my own art for me to look at and for guests to enjoy and ask "Who took this photo?" and me turning and saying "I did" :razz:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back