what lens should i bring.

kensfish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going to niagra falls and new York in October, any suggestions on lenses for the Nikon 750 and 7100? I have the tam 24-70 2.8, tam 70-200 2.8, Nikon 28-300, tam 150-600, and Nikon 18-35.

Well, if your not planning another trip to Niagara any time soon, I'd bring them all. If you have space limits, etc - my top two would be the 70-200 mm and the 18-35. That will cover you for the vast majority of what your likely to need, you'll have the wide angle for landscapes, etc - and a good fast zoom for most anything else.

Well, if your not planning another trip to Niagara any time soon, I'd bring them all. If you have space limits, etc - my top two would be the 70-200 mm and the 18-35. That will cover you for the vast majority of what your likely to need, you'll have the wide angle for landscapes, etc - and a good fast zoom for most anything else.

Depends upon what parts of the falls you visit and what you try to shoot but....I agree with these lens suggestions. I think even more important are going to be the other equipment you chose to bring or not bring:
--tripod and NDFs for extended shots.
--you will absolutely get a lot of mist. I went through 3 microfibre clothes in one area next to the falls there was so much mist in the air that ended up on my lens.
--filters of various types (minimize or maximize reflection off of the water, blue skies or not).

Also, it's not clear from your post as to what you mean by "new york"...upstate (with some great foliage in October)...NYC...or simply the US side of the falls? Assuming you mean upper NY state, than prepare for foliage. Don't shoot AWB, experiment with some custom white balance settings.

You already have a very versatile gear and your next lens depend what you'll shoot.

For example, you can buy a 105mm f/2.8 macro if you'll do some details photographs, or a fast lens with f/1.4 aperture if you need to shoot at low lighting, or even the great 14-24mm f/2.8 if you need a ultra-wide lens.

If you go on Maid of the Mist, make sure to take your camera. You'll get some of the last.. I mean, best shots ever.

It's waterproof, right? It won't get that wet.

It all depends on what you want to photograph, but I agree with the 70-200 and 16-35 camp.

Most reactions

Back