What makes you so passionate about the photography you do, or want to do?

great question :)))
I havent read every response yet.
but I just love how this question is opening people up.

I want to say: I literally have never experienced such a thrill like photography. I read about it every day. I think it... everywhere I look. it is my future, I just know it.

I am so many things.
I am a friend.
I am a "wingman".
I am a musician.
I am a dancer, I am a writer.
I collect books, I collect video games.
I love my dog, I love my sisters, I love my late grandmother. I love my parents.

there are so many things that define me.
but photography.. not when I knew what it was but when I learned it... when I discovered the art of taking a well compositioned beautiful photograph that I can be proud of, I was in awe.
and until anything else catches my attention like that... I belong to photography. and I will continue to be amazed at everyone's work. because there have been some amazing productions. and I would like to be a part of this someday.

great question :)))
I havent read every response yet.
but I just love how this question is opening people up.

I want to say: I literally have never experienced such a thrill like photography. I read about it every day. I think it... everywhere I look. it is my future, I just know it.

I am so many things.
I am a friend.
I am a "wingman".
I am a musician.
I am a dancer, I am a writer.
I collect books, I collect video games.
I love my dog, I love my sisters, I love my late grandmother. I love my parents.

there are so many things that define me.
but photography.. not when I knew what it was but when I learned it... when I discovered the art of taking a well compositioned beautiful photograph that I can be proud of, I was in awe.
and until anything else catches my attention like that... I belong to photography. and I will continue to be amazed at everyone's work. because there have been some amazing productions. and I would like to be a part of this someday.
aww thanks for sharing!:thumbup:

I am so passionate because my entire life, I have seen the world in pictures. I have often said that my brain is its own camera, and I never leave the house without my camera case and gear around my shoulder. I don't carry a purse, I carry a camera bag! ;)

I have to agree with a few of the ones mentioned already.
1. I love the fact that no matter what you do you will never be able to re-create that same moment again. There will always be something different. The mood the light the something.
2. I love the chase of finding a photo I love and trying to re-create it or add my own artistic spin to it.
3. I also can not draw for poop and my other siblings can (I got screwed) lol so I tried to find a way to be artistic as well. Then I bought a small point and shoot, and went hey this is fun. Then others started saying hey that's not too bad come take some pics of us. Then I bought my first SLR, oh my the fun I started having again, lol definitely and admittedly so went a little backwards in my photography for a while. Not so easy out of auto mode :D, but then the shift happened again and people started enjoying my photos more and more. So then it was I guess my own way of expressing myself.
And finally the chicks dig it....or is that scars?

[This is a question for everyone, I would like to know] For me [1] is I like for people to see themselves as do, everyone has beauty in them, or something that's just special about them and everyone doesn't see that and I like to capture it. [2] Since I became interested in photography I look at light everywhere I am, and the light that just makes me scream inside is early morning like or evening light. Even if I'm not photographing what I see, it just makes me feel so much better and seeing beautiful light in the sky or reflected on a tree is so simple, but it just makes me feel all warm inside. Anyways write below what you shoot that makes your heart sing. :)

The constant learning and the ladies in front of the camera

Please let me add "and taking quick snapshots of their cars too" =)

458855_3393969402634_1071635590_2956825_1869717514_o.jpg

1. I love the fact that no matter what you do you will never be able to re-create that same moment again. There will always be something different. The mood the light the something.
2. I love the chase of finding a photo I love and trying to re-create it or add my own artistic spin to it.
3. I also can not draw for poop and my other siblings can (I got screwed) lol so I tried to find a way to be artistic as well. Then I bought a small point and shoot, and went hey this is fun. Then others started saying hey that's not too bad come take some pics of us. Then I bought my first SLR, oh my the fun I started having again, lol definitely and admittedly so went a little backwards in my photography for a while. Not so easy out of auto mode :D, but then the shift happened again and people started enjoying my photos more and more. So then it was I guess my own way of expressing myself.
I wish I could draw too, photography is the closets thing to that. When your an artist you can create something from scratch, when your a photographer you just capture something from your point of view.

Not only do I conceptualize flavor and texture compositions that are well received by those eating them; I am now learning how to focus on them in a way unknown to me many years ago. Creating courses that at one time may have been challenging to create are becoming more and more effortless because I can visualize the end result before I begin it, and I can really see the components and see why the course works, and exactly where the flavors are coming from. Who knew that as an artist creating food, I would strive to be an artist capturing these brief moments of taste, that may never exist again.

ChefPO said:
Not only do I conceptualize flavor and texture compositions that are well received by those eating them; I am now learning how to focus on them in a way unknown to me many years ago. Creating courses that at one time may have been challenging to create are becoming more and more effortless because I can visualize the end result before I begin it, and I can really see the components and see why the course works, and exactly where the flavors are coming from. Who knew that as an artist creating food, I would strive to be an artist capturing these brief moments of taste, that may never exist again.

That is one long metaphor...I think...

Really enjoying this thread. Very inspiring stuff being said!

For me I live so much of my life in my head over-thinking and observing. I am not very consistent about what I "do" except photography. I think it's because capturing images is something that is both part of being in my head and being in my body. It's one of the few things I don't have to think about in order to work up the energy to do. I am compelled from somewhere I can't yet define to continue. It's this crazy relationship that's always surprising me and making me thankful to not just be hypothetically involved in life but actually engage with it.

I wish I could draw too, photography is the closets thing to that. When your an artist you can create something from scratch, when your a photographer you just capture something from your point of view.

Not true. Photographers create scenes and moments all the time. If everything was just candid captures none of us would ever get paid.

I used to hunt with firearms. Now

I used to hunt with firearms. Now I hunt with my camera. Better looking and more numerous trophies but, alas, nothing to eat.

For me it’s like a rush and excitement at the same time and then showing it to the person who I just photographed and seeing his/her/their face just light up. Is AWESOME!

My passion is creating. Photography is just the medium I'm using at the moment........:sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back