What makes you so passionate about the photography you do, or want to do?

To me! Now. photography is like a small tiny plant in my heart. I want to Protect it and raise it wisely.. coz i know if i let it die out. I would regret it the rest of my life..

My career is filled with non-creatives and rules. Photography allows me to think with the other side of the brain. It can't be mastered overnight and I enjoy the process of learning something new each time it clicks.

if i were more passionate, I wouldn't be trolling this forum so much.

I feel like this thread needs to have inspirational, cinematic orchestra music.

"I have a dream!"

Lol

It gives me a feeling nothing else does. I feel like since I got my camera, I look at the world from a different perspective. I notice things I never noticed before.

I enjoy the artistic side of things. The thrill of creating a memory. Capturing a special moment in time that will never be there again. Cityscapes are the most amazing images because skylines change constantly. The same building view in a matter of years is completely different, the building has aged or been changed, the background nothing like it was before. Capturing history before it's gone is great as well.

I didn't have any, but i picked some up at the store. think they called it passion fruit, it was in the beverage section. Not sure yet if it has helped push me over the edge or not.

Thought it was interesting when I was younger I would stop and look at something and just say to myself "this will never happen again." whatever i saw would never happen again, in that exact same way. but with a photograph, that image is there for as long as it lasts. I liked how going thru old photographs can change your mood and put you in a better frame of mind as you remember those times. I have an artistic side to me it took me awhile to come back to photography. but i'm glad I found it and am enjoying every second of it.

i don't know why i love photography so much—i just do! my dad was a good amateur photog and he passed the passion for "capturing moments" to me. both of us had shyness/reclusive tendencies and photography was a nice thing to share.

my passion is in capturing simple moments. exploding elephants and brilliant sunsets don't interest me much—not photographically, at least. i'd just as soon take a picture of a big, tough-looking black guy gingerly cradling his baby while feeding her. something that makes people stop and realize that such images aren't commonplace but should be.

sometimes i use a longer lens. although i like portraits, i also enjoy taking photos of people when they're not aware that they're being observed.

Ive always been artsy-fartsy since I was a child. Ive painted, drew, sketched, done pieces on the computer(drawing wise), wrote songs, wrote poetry, wrote novels (or started alot but never finished them lol) , sewing(made toys and cloths) and Ive always loved taking photos capturing a special moment in time and letting others see something from my point of view. Lately its something that I really feel more passionite about then I have before because, Ive been learning more and more about photography then just pointing a camera and pressing a button. :)

OP...don't know. if it interests me i like a thing. Why I like? Can't say a lot of time. Just as one can't say why one likes chocolate or vanilla. Just like them or don't.

I love photographs. I use to look at family photos as a child for hours. I traveled a lot as a child, and enjoyed experiencing different envirnoments and people. I begged for a camera when I was 10 for a Christmas gift. I came from a poor family, so I know now it must have very difficult for my parent to purchas one. It was my only gift, and I was so happy. I got a 110. I couldn't waste the film, so I always used it wisely. My love for photography and photos went into full scale. I have always been what you would consider artistic. I use to sketch, and spent my time making stuff. Can't really tell you why, a photo to me tells a story.

Taking photos help me share with others, it helps me showcase the beautiful this planet has to offer. And I really enjoy the moment when I show my friends one of my latest pics, as they reply 'OMG! That's awesome, looks sick as!'

Most reactions

Back