What not to shoot

If you want to shoot a duck shot because it greatly touched your heart, be my guest. Just don't expect people to praise it if you come asking for C&C.
So what you're really trying to say is "What not to ask C&C for."

This.

Also, I agree with the whole "Not telling people what to shoot" thing. It truly is the best way to learn what your camera can/can't do. When I first bought mine, I fired off about 500 shots before I even had all the packaging open for the extra stuff.

Dont you just love the composition!
01_08_52---Duck_web.jpg

Don't shoot pictures from a moving car. This is something I'm guilty of and will probably never be cured of it. But whatever it is that suddenly strikes you as a great shot will look completely different after you've scrambled to find the camera, turn it on, set the exposure, compose, focus and finally released the shutter. If whatever you've spotted is not impressive enough for you to stop the car and go back and compose a decent shot, then forget it.

Oh, this goes double if you happen to be one driving.

...Shooting and driving? There must be a law against that... :lol:

.... back to birds.....
Can I get a HELLYEAH for Emu's?

Xmas-Goose-2.jpg

Thanks Shermie..... this is fun. :biggrin:

Ahhh, the emu. Who can not love it?

How about I throw another one out there: The myspace self pic shot (you know it, the one with the arm extended holding the camera with head at a slight tilt). Don't do it.

I think the OP is full of S***.
Anything can make a good shot.
BTW . I kinda like this shot.

Mallards039copy.jpg

Oh Yeah !!! Can't forget dogs can we.:grumpy:
ArizonaMonTues150Medium.jpg

I think the OP is full of S***.

Haha, thanks. Apparently this forum is more serious than I give it credit for.

I used to spend a good deal of time here and post more.
I think you tend to grow out of it and move on to spend that time behing the lens than in front of the keyboard!

I used to spend a good deal of time here and post more.
I think you tend to grow out of it and move on to spend that time behing the lens than in front of the keyboard!

I am in that transition right now. I really don't spend much time on here anymore as it seems people just pop in for advice on a camera and disappear.

Anyways, I really don't mind you thinking I'm full of it. Anyone trying to dictate rules of photography is an ass. I really did intend for this to be a humorous thread but it has provided you guys with an outlet to showcase your avian photography skills instead while making me the ass. Oh well, let the duck shots continue!

Most reactions

Back