What not to shoot

bwahaha.....

I'm actually rather found of this this shot thank you, not near as boring as most bird shots. Good DOF, catching him eating adds interest to the viewer as well....

to be honest though, at the time I made this it was more about testing new lens, boring old bird shot, yet something still learned from it

b4806150.jpg

I used to spend a good deal of time here and post more.
I think you tend to grow out of it and move on to spend that time behing the lens than in front of the keyboard!

I am in that transition right now. I really don't spend much time on here anymore as it seems people just pop in for advice on a camera and disappear.

Anyways, I really don't mind you thinking I'm full of it. Anyone trying to dictate rules of photography is an ass. I really did intend for this to be a humorous thread but it has provided you guys with an outlet to showcase your avian photography skills instead while making me the ass. Oh well, let the duck shots continue!

I like your style for stepping up and making your last comment.

We all step into it now and then!;)

You made some people stand up and say "B**ls**T. I guess that's a good thing.

I look in here from time to time and try to gleen a tidbit now and then. Rarely ever post anymore, yet here you got me standing up and speaking my mind. :lol:

Already approved Geese per Kmh's post on page 1.
So what?...... I'm chopped liver then? pfffftt.

Okay...... how about an Ostrich blowing bubbles..... just in case someone here has a funny bone.

Conspiracy-Ostrich.jpg

How about a whole herd of Pelican

PelFlock-1.jpg

Last edited:
I've created this thread so that those new to photography can know when they're wasting their time/battery power/memory by pointing their camera at something dumb and pushing the shutter button.

Please post your feelings about this subject or any other subject you propose people not waste their time shooting.

After 4 pages with shots of birds im gonna give my opinion, sure somethings may be a "waste" of time to shoot but we learn from our experiences, some people like shooting ducks some people dont.

Photography is all about a sense of creativity, if someone were to put out a list that says Shoot This, or Shoot there would be no creativity or unique shots.

I dont think this rant made any difference go back to posting duck shots!

This is my first post since winter 2009!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back