What Should I Do?

Skedaddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I want to get the new Canon Rebel T1i, however, I have a question. Should I go ahead and buy it with the lens kit and spend all my money on that? Should I just buy the T1i body and get a different lens, like the Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8? Or should I but the Canon Rebel XSi and have extra money to use on different accessories and at least one or two other lenses?

If I get different lenses, what would you recommend as good starter and all around ones? I've been doing research on different lenses but I like taking photos of just about everything so I'm not sure what kind to get.

I want to spend less than $950.00 so I want to get the best I can for my money.

So, I want to get the new Canon Rebel T1i, however, I have a question. Should I go ahead and buy it with the lens kit and spend all my money on that?
From what I understand, the newer kit lens with the IS is actually a pretty decent lens and fine to start with.
Should I just buy the T1i body and get a different lens, like the Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8?
That's an option. The EF 50mm f/1.8 can take nice sharp pictures but it's not the best built lens around. It can struggle to lock focus in low light and can be a little clunky at times. I have one and feel it's a great deal for the price.
Or should I but the Canon Rebel XSi and have extra money to use on different accessories and at least one or two other lenses?
Not sure what the differences between the XSi and T1i are but the XSi is a pretty good entry level body to start with. If you saw pictures taken with both bodies you probably couldn't tell which pictures were taken with a XSi or with a T1i.
If I get different lenses, what would you recommend as good starter and all around ones? I've been doing research on different lenses but I like taking photos of just about everything so I'm not sure what kind to get.
How much did you want to spend on the lens? That's one of the biggest factors you'll have to deal with. I've heard a few good things about the EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM Autofocus Lens. Not really a good low light performer though. Usually if you need a fast lens for low light situations you'll have to pay more for them...sometimes a lot more.

You might want to look at prime lenses instead of zooms. Primes usually have good low light performance, are very sharp and don't cost as much as the better zoom lenses. Only thing is they don't zoom, you have to physically move if you want to get closer or farther from the subject (foot zoom).

I would stick with the kit lens to start with. You will feel more at home with the zoom coming from a Powershot S3. Then after you have learned to use the camera inside and out, start looking at other lenses, by that time you will have a better feel for what lenses will fit your needs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back