What should I tell client?

Green20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dealing with anxiety. I’ve taken a long break from photography.
Someone told their friend that I do photography and they want me to photograph a red carpet event . I agreed already to take the photos :(.
I sent my prices ,which include light editing. The customer said she only wants some of the photos edited , and just pictures of guests on a red carpet. Am I expected to lower my price and send unedited photos? I am not used to event photography
I need help or ideas on what I should do.

thanks

Dealing with anxiety. I’ve taken a long break from photography.
Someone told their friend that I do photography and they want me to photograph a red carpet event . I agreed already to take the photos :(.
I sent my prices ,which include light editing. The customer said she only wants some of the photos edited , and just pictures of guests on a red carpet. Am I expected to lower my price and send unedited photos? I am not used to event photography
I need help or ideas on what I should do.

thanks
No. Do as they want, price is what it is. If they are trying to get a better price based on your discussion, you were not clear. Let them walk. Chances are, you were to low cost to begin with.

One, agree, your price is your price and do not waiver but you posted in the Beginner section and honestly should probably jump at any opportunity possible BUT if you do not deliver to their expectations you could be in for a whirlwind of problems.

I do not know your ability or gear only that you posted in this section where I'd suggest to NOT take paying jobs until YOU consider YOURSELF to be an accomplished main shooter or working UNDER one.

I agree with all the others here. Stick with the price that you already provided the client and to stick with your plan of light editing. I am fairly certain the client will appreciate the effort.

Some things to consider when you re-deliver you message:
* Delivery of JPG images only. I do non-distructive edits to my raw files and unless the client has the same software then they will not see edits I made to the file. I, therefore, only deliver edit JPG images.
* No guarantee on the number of images delivered.
* No guarantee that a photo of any specific person is delivered unless they provide you with that information, in writing, in advance. Clients will often complain that you missed someone. I make no guarantee that everyone's photo will be taken, or if taken, survive the editing process unless I am told in advance.
* set an agreed upon timeframe for delivery of the images. I am not a pro and it takes me some time to go over the images and cull out the bad and the good, then decide which may be saved from heavy editing. My process is about 2 weeks as I don't work on them 'round the clock.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. You might also do an Internet search for standard photographer-client contracts for future reference.

Just make it a standard processing fee. You've still got to download the images, export them and upload them. This is time on your end.

Always stick by your guns otherwise you devalue what you do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back