Alright Derrel, I'll go ahead and dispel this "fanboyism" with a perfect analogy from the videogame world. Careful, the following gets pretty nerdy!
Disregarding the Wii, as it's more a "family entertainment device" compared to a real "gaming console," it leaves us with Sony's PS3 and Microsoft's XBOX 360. Now, both consoles (PS3/360) offer very similar performance but approach delivery in separate ways. Both offer high def visuals, both have online abilities, and both have full GUIs when not in a game to navigate various non-game features available. Each has their own exclusive features or game titles, but there is massive overlap between most third party, multi-platform titles. Choices generally boil down to which controller or which online system you would want to use. I generally like the layout and feel of the 360 controller a lot better, and their online service is arguably better. The Dual Shock 3 is a re-re-reiteration of a controller designed 15 years ago for the original Playstation, and their lackluster online service (for games) leaves much to be desired, but it has cool social features with its Home software. I actually own all three current gen consoles (360, PS3, Wii), though my 360 undoubtebly gets the most play time.
So in a nutshell, both big consoles are about the same other than a few design choice differences and handful of exclusive game titles. Now, I think the relevance to Canon/Nikon is pretty clear in this analogy (except that I personally don't own one). If it's not painfully apparent, perhaps a revisit to the high school SAT is in order!
I have nothing against Nikon and actually think quite highly of their high end cameras (I would readily buy a D700 or D3s over a 5DII and 1DIV if I wasn't already invested in Canon). So... I'm not sure who the fanboy is here...

It sure doesn't sound like me!
You tout that you have three Canon bodies; yes, a garbage old Rebel XT, an antiquated 20D, and a 5D. And I'm guessing the reason you use the 5D is because it's the only full frame digital you own. Judging from your stance on the importance of full frame sensors, the 5D is the only option that you own. That D2x sounds really nice for a crop (I know how much you love crops!) but I'm curious why you never just bought a D700 and called it a day?
Different people like different things. Some thing I dislike about Canon and there are some I think they have done better than others with. You or anyone else may agree with my choices, (which I wont go into) or disagree, but that's fine. This is the old Nintendo vs Sega, Ford Vs Chevy, Star Wars vs Star Trek. I just love doing photography for photography not a brand name. When I see someones work I am looking at the pic not what system they used. Once we get past all that Photography becomes fun, which is what it and even videogames are suppose to be.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I'm right with ya. Don't quite know why Derrel has such an axe to grind with me... Just cuz I pointed out an unnecessary Canon/Nikon flame-bait comment for being just that? Who knows!
How about we stay on the topic of the 60d and not hijack the OPs thread. I was just in best buy trying the 7D. Sales guy said he heard the 60D or whatever it will be called will be a FF sensor.
There have been no concrete details about the "60D" yet. There will be official announcements "soon" but according to canonrumors.com, there may be a separate camera they're referring to. CR reported that Canon is going to reveal three big new DSLRs very soon. So people are assuming that's referring to the 1Ds mkIV, 60D, and this new low MP full frame camera. But who knows, maybe its a 5D mkIII? It could be anything. We won't know for sure until Canon tells us. From my experience, most Best Buy employees don't know much more than what's on their own website (unless of course they have access to incoming shipments of new pruducts), but since nothing has been officially anounced, they're no different than reading rumor blogs.