What type of reflector stand is this?

inaka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
t4JrJUO.jpg

Does anyone know what type of reflector stand this is?
I saw this at a photography workshop a long while back, and I didn't think anything of it at the time.

It tilts, has the reflector built into the stand, and models can literally rest their arms on it.

I'm sure this is an easy answer for some, but I keep getting just regular stand results when googling reflector stands.

If it's just a reflector balancing on an adjustable stool, I'm not sure how it is mounted on a tilt and stays secure, etc.

Any help is appreciated as I am looking for something like this, thanks.

Based on the way the one end is resting on the step ladder, I'm thinking it's just a reflector resting on a posing table set at a different height than the ladder, which is what's causing the angle.

Thank you for your reply. I could have sworn that this was a single unit with a secure gilding reflector head. But I bet you are right.

Just wondering if anyone knows of an item that is a single unit like this for sale. For certain headshots and beauty shots an item like this would be perfect.

Seems like every time I try to arrange a reflector with clips or whatever it's totally unstable and not professional during the shoot.

most reflector stands essentially "hang" the reflector vertically.
that is clearly a small ladder (you can read the sticker on the top step) on the right and a posing chair/table on the left on the edges of the reflector.

I've used a reflector or white board on a table, 2 chairs, on the floor .. what ever you can find that can give you the angle and distance/reflection that you want.

there's some pretty flexible reflector stands you can get out there. NOt just the hanging ones.
But they hold the opposite ends so you can angle it anyways you want. And you can see pics of a triple reflector stand for faces (in the example).
==> horizontal reflector stand photography - Google Search

here's an expensive single stand ==> Interfit Photographic INT303

another one ==> Photogenic 956771 Chameleons Assistant 3-Piece Kit

larger one ==> Photogenic 956771 Chameleons Assistant 3-Piece Kit

at those prices though, a small table and step up ladder is a lot cheaper and can probably be found on location.

Really appreciate the information provided here by everyone. Good stuff.

That Triflector seems like exactly the item I might be interested in. @tirediron I see that the stand is not included. Did you buy a specific stand/mount that works best with the Triflector?

Nope; it's just a bog-standard lightstand. You can buy the Lastolite one which isn't a bad idea as it's a better-built-than-average small lightstand, but you can get buy with any old cheap POS in a pinch.

This is the unit I use; very versatile, and absolutely perfect for single light headshots or when using a beauty dish.
@tirediron I just wanted to follow up on this with you. Thank you for the heads up on the Triflector system.
I'm cheap when it comes to certain things, so I totally cheaped out and found a similar system for sale by Neewer for $60.

Did a test shoot with it last night, and I was really impressed with the results. Worked great. Here's a sample shot from last night:
MMP_8752-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

So thanks for the heads up about the three reflector system! I'll hang onto this and keep it in my bag of tricks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back