What was this piece of lighting equipment?

I have a couple of these in my kit... they are very basic, non adjustable flash units powered by two AA batteries and house an optical slave for wireless triggering... I use mini table top tripods for them and they are great when you just need light source and aren't worried about shaping the light very much. You adjust the power by moving the flash back and forth, and you wait about 6 to 8 seconds for recycle times....

Their use is limited because they are very prone to misfires, so a direct line of site with the not-so-sensitive optical trigger is required, but they serve well as reinforcement when you need a little extra light when shooting on location....

It's very similar to this:
OPUS PRO 40AC FLASH MASTER SLAVE W/SYNC #777032003360 - Henry's best camera store in Canada
but is a battery powered version....

I can't find a link, but I got mine at Henry's for 30 bucks a piece, and, for what they are, they are worth every penny....

EDIT:.... Goonies posted a link to the product that I have in a previous post (above).... SP Studio Systems Mini Bare Bulb Slave SPMBB B&H Photo Video

GooniesNeverDie wins the price. Thank you!!! It's the SP Studio Systems Mini Bare Bulb Slave DC Flash that you linked to.

Cool investigative work on everyone's part. I appreciate the effort. Off to shop.

GooniesNeverDie wins the price. Thank you!!! It's the SP Studio Systems Mini Bare Bulb Slave DC Flash that you linked to.

Cool investigative work on everyone's part. I appreciate the effort. Off to shop.

**** don't waste your money on one of those

**** don't waste your money on one of those

Why are these a waste of money?... they are highly portable, tiny and light weight, are extremely easy to use, provide good quality light and are dead cheap... I agree 100% that they don't replace a quality speedlight, and certainly don't replace strobes, but even considering their limitations, these things are a gem.

Most reactions

Back