What's new

What would a first time wedding pro use? Nikon or Canon?

What would pro use for their first wedding?


  • Total voters
    50

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
3,692
Reaction score
4
Location
Indiana
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do real pro photographers use for their first wedding? Nikon or Canon?

Inquiring minds want to know.

:greendev:
 
Im surprised you have to ask. Everyone knows Nikon is the only way to go! I'm sorry you purchased canon and wish you best of luck selling it on ebay. I hope others dont make the same mistake and read this thread before they purchase. :greenpbl:
 
Im surprised you have to ask. Everyone knows Nikon is the only way to go! I'm sorry you purchased canon and wish you best of luck selling it on ebay. I hope others dont make the same mistake and read this thread before they purchase. :greenpbl:
I don't really own a Canon. My gear list is my wish list. Someday I will own a camera. I'll probably go Nikon when I do get a camera though.
 
Nikon D40 with an SB400 and Nikon 18-200mm is all you need, anything else is throwing money away.

Speaking of money, I got mine here, you can also get one here, here or here.
-Ken Rockwell
 
* Ken Rockwell's camera has similar settings to ours, except his are: P[erfect] Av[Awesome Priority Tv[Totally Awesome Priority] M[ajestic]
* Ken Rockwell doesn't color correct. He adjusts your world to match his.
* Sure, Ken Rockwell deletes a bad photo or two. Other people call these Pulitzers.
* Ken Rockwell doesn't adjust his DOF, he changes space-time.
* Circle of confusion? You might be confused. Ken Rockwell never is.
* Ken Rockwell doesn't wait for the light when he shoots a landscape - the light waits for him.
* Ken Rockwell never flips his camera in portrait position, he flips the earth
* Ken Rockwell ordered an L-lens from Nikon, and got one.
* Ken Rockwell is the only person to have photographed Jesus; unfortunately he ran out of film and had to use a piece of cloth instead.
* When Ken Rockwell brackets a shot, the three versions of the photo win first place in three different categories
* Before Nikon or Canon releases a camera they go to Ken and they ask him to test them, the best cameras get a Nikon sticker and the less good get a Canon sticker
* Once Ken tested a camera, he said I cant even put Canon on this one,thats how Pentax was born
* Rockwellian policy isn't doublethink - Ken doesn't even need to think once
* Ken Rockwell doesn't use flash ever since the Nagasaki incident.
* Only Ken Rockwell can take pictures of Ken Rockwell; everyone else would just get their film overexposed by the light of his genius
* Ken Rockwell wanted something to distract the lesser photographers, and lo, there were ducks.
* Ken Rockwell is the only one who can take self-portraits of you
* Ken Rockwell's nudes were fully clothed at the time of exposure
* Ken Rockwell once designed a zoom lens. You know it as the Hubble SpaceTelescope.
* When Ken unpacks his CF card, it already has masterpieces on it.
* Rockwell portraits are so lifelike, they have to pay taxes
* On Ken Rockwell's desktop, the Trash Icon is really a link to National Geographic Magazine
* Ken Rockwell spells point-and-shoot "h-a-s-s-e-l-b-l-a-d"
* When Ken Rockwell went digital, National Geographic nearly went out of business because he was no longer phyically discarding photos
* For every 10 shots that Ken Rockwell takes, 11 are keepers.
* Ken Rockwell's digital files consist of 0's, 1's AND 2's.
* Ken Rockwell never focus, everything moves into his DoF
* Ken Rockwell's shots are so perfect, Adobe redesigned photoshop for him: all it consists of is a close button.
* The term tripod was coined after his silhouette
* Ken Rockwell never produces awful work, only work too advanced for the viewer
* A certain braind of hig-end cameras was named after people noticed the quality was a lot "like a" rockwell
* Ken Rockwell isn't the Chuck Norris of photography; Chuck Norris is the Ken Rockwell of martial arts.
* Ken Rockwell never starts, he continues "
 
I managed to get through my first wedding with a Canon 450D... whatever works, right?

I enjoyed the Rockwell post above :thumbup:
 
Last edited:
Just want to send my thanks for today's argumentative thread! :thumbup:

If I were a wedding photographer, I'd take one of these. 39 megapixels FTW!
 
With the money saved by buying the D40x over the 1DmkIII you'd be able to shoot the wedding practically for free...!


:lmao:
 
I'd take a D40x over a 1ds Mark III. The D40x is so cute, how could you possibly resist. Plus it doesn't clog up the camera with junk like extra focusing points, big sensors and a big name. It's like wanting a slim, in-shape girl (D40x) versus a fat girl (1Ds Mark III). The D40 is so slender and sleek.....it's impossible not to be in love.

/thread
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom