What would be a good lens upgrade from the kit lens?

If you want the same focal length as the kit lens probably the tamron 17-50 f2.8. But I have to ask what is the kit lens not doing that you wish it could? The kit lens is pretty capable and most people replace it before they need to.

Used 17-40L for $500.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

But on a crop frame camera, the Tamron f/2.8 zoom that was suggested earlier would be far more versatile. Especially since the 17-40 is an f/4 zoom, and crop frame cameras aren't known for their ISO performance.

o hey tyler said:
But on a crop frame camera, the Tamron f/2.8 zoom that was suggested earlier would be far more versatile. Especially since the 17-40 is an f/4 zoom, and crop frame cameras aren't known for their ISO performance.

Which is why I selected the lens. While the 17-40 can be a kit upgrade for some the tamron I mentioned is a decent step up in sharpness resolution and versatility and is just over half the current cost of the 17-40 (which happens to be a fantastic landscape lens for full frame but Is considered to lose its main appeal when converted to a crop frame normal lens)

Top shelf glass FTW
bigthumb.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back