What's so damn great about your neck of the woods?

Norfolk VA has pretty much nothing to recommend itself.

Except, of course, that runnah doesn't live here.

Washington. Always green... Theres always something to do. A beautiful mountain, a lovely coast. Our Southern neighbor Oregon has no sales tax for those expensive lenses you want right away. Oh and lots and lots and lots and lots of rain, about a month and a half of beautiful summer...... Expensive alcohol and legal weed!!!

Tornadoes are coming. Seek shelter in the interior of your home. Earthquakes are coming. Avoid the interior of your home. Go outside if possible. There's lightning outside. Go inside. Avoid high ground. There's a flash flood warning. Avoid low ground. Hail is present. Avoid open areas. Parts of the state have received five inches of rain in the last three hours. However, there is a burn ban in effect .... Welcome to Oklahoma!

I wouldn't! We have to many damned tourists / people / bacon thieves as it is! ;)

Actually during the non-frozen seasons, the Denver area is gorgeous. Green, lovely, lots to do. Hiking, Fishing, lots of places for gorgeous landscapes. More breweries per square mile than anyplace I have seen! Winters are lovely and COLD.. but if you ski, it rocks. Otherwise it is a pain in the A&&! Drivers here forget how to drive in snow in-between seasons... so it is always an adventure.

This is pretty much Alaska, except we know how to drive all the time, and we have more moose/bears/less people! :p

Hypothetically speaking, let's say I'm ready to move away and start my life over. Assuming money/job/family is not a factor, how would you sell me on moving to your town? Anywhere in the world is open to consideration. And if you aren't too crazy about the idea of me moving close, just pretend I'm someone else that you like better.

Southern Indiana! I'm guessing you're somewhere close to Princeton? I lived in Vincennes for 2 years.

Western New York (Buffalo Area):

Good:
-Don't have to worry about hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, or other natural disasters as it's a pretty stable area.
-Great weather half of the year
-Tons to do -- Multiple pro sports teams within half an hour, 2 absolutely gorgeous state parks within an hour, Niagra Falls, Awesome, friendly people.
-6 hour drive to NYC

Bad:
-Crazy High taxes due to having to support NYC
-Stupid Politicians (but that's everywhere..)
-Really Ridiculous, pointless new laws (SAFE act) coming out due to said politicians.
-Snows 6 months out of the year. Learn to ski and this becomes a good thing.
-The aforementioned pro sports teams all suck and can't win a game to save their lives.. (Bills, Sabres)

Western New York (Buffalo Area):

Good:
-Don't have to worry about hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, or other natural disasters as it's a pretty stable area.
-Great weather half of the year
-Tons to do -- Multiple pro sports teams within half an hour, 2 absolutely gorgeous state parks within an hour, Niagra Falls, Awesome, friendly people.
-6 hour drive to NYC

Bad:
-Crazy High taxes due to having to support NYC
-Stupid Politicians (but that's everywhere..)
-Really Ridiculous, pointless new laws (SAFE act) coming out due to said politicians.
-Snows 6 months out of the year. Learn to ski and this becomes a good thing.
-The aforementioned pro sports teams all suck and can't win a game to save their lives.. (Bills, Sabres)

Hmm, sounds like where I live.

Norfolk VA has pretty much nothing to recommend itself.

Except, of course, that runnah doesn't live here.

But I visit there often so...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back