Whats the best tips for photographing my old classic car..

Good photos come from thought,planning, time, and effort; at times, one or more of those ingredients is more important than otherwise.

Good photos come from thought,planning, time, and effort; at times, one or more of those ingredients is more important than otherwise.
your so right

Understood but I based my reply on what pics you put up and they didn't have any of the things I mentioned in them. I didn't know you were one step ahead of me already, lol!

You can also go nuts and make something like this..........

2rEmPrq.jpg

Cars are always, kind of, a bummer for me. They typically look way better in color, and i almost always shoot B&W.
Perhaps a blessing in disguise. These situations are often a Trade-Off/Compromise.
I used to carry two bodies with two different lens. Now i carry two bodies so i can have B&W or Color.
You digital guys have it way too easy....... :)

Some really nice frames BTW

Now i carry two bodies so i can have B&W or Color.

I've learned how to shoot color and BW film with one body, just leave the film tongue out during rewind. Sometimes I loose a frame or 2 but I go past the "last frame shot" on a roll to avoid overlap.

I've learned how to shoot color and BW film with one body, just leave the film tongue out during rewind. Sometimes I loose a frame or 2 but I go past the "last frame shot" on a roll to avoid overlap.
I'm sorry.
I do not follow how that allows you to shoot Color and B&W at the same time......

I'm sorry.
I do not follow how that allows you to shoot Color and B&W at the same time......
Note the exposure you're on, rewind the film, but leave the leader exposed, remove that roll, insert another roll, shoot... note that frame #, rewind and replace with the other roll, advancing the film to the point where it's unexposed (leave the lens cap on).

That seems Nine Times more difficult than carrying two bodies with two different types of film.
Plus, you cannot shoot B&W and Color at the same time, you would forever be swapping film.
I can't imagine doing that as a preference....... :indecisiveness:

That seems Nine Times more difficult than carrying two bodies with two different types of film.
Plus, you cannot shoot B&W and Color at the same time, you would forever be swapping film.
I can't imagine doing that as a preference....... :indecisiveness:

I've done it so much I don't think about it when doing it, I just do it.

@Photo Lady Lots of good good advice, but @tirediron hit it on the head with staging and time of day. You'll have a lot less reflections to deal with. This video takes you through 3 different ways to light paint a car, from extremely complex to a 5 shot quickly.

I used the limited flash method to enhance parts of my baby. 2016 F35010232017_301-HDR-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back