Whats the most damage youve done to your camera

min5ag.jpg

now what?

You fell off the top of the tower and landed on the camera, which broke your fall and saved your life... but you had to have it surgically removed?

All of you people with broke camera stuff and not one person has ever emailed me about taking there broke stuff off there hands :(

I have been lucky with my cameras but I take grate care not to hurt them (however) I had an AE-1 drop from my hands the ground lens 1st and bust the hell out of my lens thanks god it was just a 50mm 1.8. Next I shut the hood of my Ranger on an Canon ELPH ZX3 left a nasty dent but is working to this day. My dad droped a 1973 Canon EF off the back of a honda 750 doing 65mph on sand in 1977 camera is working just has a dent.

eh, dropped a telephoto lens a few days ago, on concrete, no damage

that's about it, even our old 35mm auto-compact is still alive and well, despite going on hundreds of vacations overseas and getting wet and tossed around

while in Charleston, SC, we went on one of those horse-drawn tours of historic Charleston, we've always had camera straps, and always wear them when the camera is out and about, but these people had a new compact digital, no strap, they turn to look at something and accidentally knock their camera off the back seat, real fast too since they turned quickly, falls a good 4.5 feet, hits concrete, destroyed in a glorious explosion of glass, plastic, metal, and circuitry

that was my entertainment for the day

if you could of fixed my EOS 10 you would be supper human was just a twised mess after i realised serprising how quickly a camera becomes unreconisable when touching a set of top fuel headers after a run (1400 celcius):D

hot shot said:
if you could of fixed my EOS 10 you would be supper human was just a twised mess after i realised serprising how quickly a camera becomes unreconisable when touching a set of top fuel headers after a run (1400 celcius):D

Well I do take any thing broke dead or alive if i cant fix some thing i use it for parts if i cant use it for parts i display it as a broke item if you would like to give it away let me know

I was in the kitchen one time when my sister walked in with this kinda scared look on her face. I looked at her.. looked down at her hands and saw my Elan 7N with the film door open and a roll of film hanging out the back.. I flipped. I was looking at it all mad when I turned it around to look at my 75-300 IS lense and saw broken glass all over the front of it. I about screamed and then I realized it was my filter that had taken the beeting. My camera was perfectly fine. Moral of the story use a filter! And buy one from me at my work. I get a dollar for every filter I sell. I get like $40 a month from those things.

P.S. My sister said it wasn't her. She "found" it that way.

One night after an event, I pulled into my driveway with the intention of just going inside and transferring all the images to the PC. When I stepped out of the truck, I grabbed the top handle of my Tamrac backpack, not remembering that I hadn't zipped the main flap shut yet. When I picked it up, my Digital Rebel fell out of the bag and rolled down the driveway about 5 feet. It sorta bent the hot shoe, but I bent that back and it's been working fine ever since.

EDIT: From now on, if I see a piece of equipment for sale on this board that I'm considering, I'm going to check this thread first to make sure it's not listed anywhere. ;-)

I scratched the bottom of my camera. :p
All other damages are from other people holding my cameras.

In 35+ years, the worst I have done was let my F3 slip off my shoulder, and have the MD4 bounce on the concrete. That is until Dec 3, 2005. I dropped my SB-80DX flash on the shoe and killed it. Looks fine, but dead as a door nail.
I was with friends in Renfro Valley in the mid '70's on a week long hike/camping trip. A buddy dropped his F2 down the valley face 900 feet or so. It took us the best part of a day to retrieve it, wish I could report the Nikon brushed off sure death and works to this day. Unfortunately, the mirror box was ripped from the body and still attached to the crushed 180 f2.8. He was able to salvage the film with just the loss of 3 frames to fogging behind the shutter.

Well lets just say that I like to use my camera A LOT!! In the circle of the power button is the shutter button on this Nikon Cool pix 2100 that I got 2 years ago from Target. It still works but the power button and shutter button have to be taped on and then retaped at least once a month. I took the Nikon to a retail camrea place. They said it would cost more to fix it than the camera was worth. I got a new camera for Christmas from my dad. Totaly unexpeced. It's a Canon Power Shot A610. I absolutly love it. I'm still playing with all the setting though. I haven't quite mastered it yet but I have already taken more than 1000 pictures with it. Haven't even had it a full month. I like this power button a lot better. It doesn't double as the shutter button. Although on my new canon, the shutter and the zoom are like the power and the shutter from my old camera. My dream camera is the Canon Rebel. I feel I'm getting closer to that already since I now have a Canon. Here are some pictures...

Old camera
47b6df27b3127cce9625e45926e200000016108AYuGrFi4buT

47b6df27b3127cce9625e434a7bf00000016108AYuGrFi4buT

47b6df27b3127cce9625e43ea7b500000016108AYuGrFi4buT

New camera
47b6df27b3127cce9625e706662400000016108AYuGrFi4buT

47b6df27b3127cce9625e787e79500000016108AYuGrFi4buT

47b6df27b3127cce9625e7ce66ec00000016108AYuGrFi4buT

I have been fortunate to never hurt any of my personal cameras. i had a cheap APS stolen out of rental car in Hawaii on my honeymoon. i didn't really care about the camera, i just wish i had those photos! lost plenty of lens caps, and destroyed an electronic cable release the first time i used it by getting it tangled in the tripod and then switching to protrait from landscape, stretched it completely apart!

I had an olympus point and shoot for work, it was a sturdy little thing, i dropped it 3-4 feet probably half a dozen times onto the pavement and it always bounced and would work fine. It got really finicky towards the end, you had to hold it just right or it wouldn't power on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back