what's with people taking random jabs at canon?

rasheemo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i don't understand it, isn't one brand not superior than the other? or is this just immature brand loyalty at work?

For the very same reason we (canon users) take jabs at Nikon!
Except we know we are in the right!

oh and there is no top brand really - though canon were rather leading the market the recent new nikon camera has changed that (Dsomethingerother) so its up to canon to make a new body. Lens wise its way too complex to try and say one is better than the other

Well you could always be a Sony user and people don't even take jabs at your stuff b/c its the black sheep that no one speaks of.....

It's usually all in good fun, I know other photographer on here, we do even meet up.
Some shoot Nikon and others shoot Canon. They are both great brands, just when one comes out with something the other does not have, we like to take jabs and visa versa.
This seems like the yaer of Nikon, (New Cams, Lenses, Flashes) so Canon users are taking a bit of a blast. That can all change very quickly, last year Nikon users we were taking a beating.
Just remember it is usually all in good fun. Lets just be thankful Sony ,Pentax and Olympus can't really compete or we would have a real mess :)

Who is taking jabs? If they are I'm sure it's nothing to be taken too seriously. Really, between Nikon and Canon it's a never ending rat race. One brand may have a slight edge for a while when they release their newest, top of the line technology camera, but in the meantime the other is busy developing their newest, top of the line technology camera that when it comes out will be the best on the market for DSLR. It just keeps going back and forth.

Either brand is great, and I honestly right now wouldn't mind switching over to Nikon for the D300, D700 or D3 if I didn't already have so much invested in Canon. But once Canon releases the 5D replacement, I'll probably forget about the D300, D700 and D3!:lmao:

haha... yeah it's something that people just have fun with... like rival football teams and all that.
I was talking to a canon user (I'm a Nikon fan) and he told me
"Nikon has the better over-all body, but canon lenses are comparable to Nikon lenses and about 10-15% cheaper"
Whether that is true or not, I don't know....
I think it's all in good humor, and you just have to not take it seriously....
I really don't think one is better than the other, but my mom has shot Nikon forever, and I got it from her....

Being a Nikonian I like to make jokes about Canonnites. It is all in good fun.

i don't understand it, isn't one brand not superior than the other? or is this just immature brand loyalty at work?
It's something photographers do with each other. Think of it as akin to bar stool ball busting, where you're sitting at the bar drinking beer and throwing joking insults at each other.

People do this comparison thing with most brands though, like Intel is better than AMD processors, that car is better than that other car, or xbox 360 is better than PS3, or Mac is better than PC.

Are we on a bridge? I swear I saw a troll... :roll:

I sometimes make jokes in threads. In all truth I have shot Nikon since my first film SLR. But it was just a matter of availability and price. ANd once you get a library of lenses well... If someone handed me a 40d kit tomorrow I would be tickled pink and blue.

But I would rather they handed me a Leaf/Rollei MF digital.

No different than Ford/Chevy, Mac/PC, Foreign/Domestic, Bud/Miller, Colt/Smith & Wesson, Prime/Zoom, UV filter/not, or whatever. We all have personal preferences. We can't help it if you shoot Canon's.

There is Secular law and there is Canon law but I never heard of Nikon Law:lol::lol::lol:

Most reactions

Back