What's wrong with this photo?

agp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was trying to shoot a long exposure photo today of a lake, which I have shot before many times, but only at sunset. There's a pink/purple spot on the right of the photo. Does anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?

Also, how do I remove the attached thumbnail?

I am shooting with a 10 stop ND filter, f11, ~10s, iso 100.
DSCF0047.JPG

Last edited:
Okay after some Fujifilm forums research it seems to be the light leak that affects earlier X-T1s... :( Now I have to send this in for repair.

Also, how do I remove the attached thumbnail?
Click on Edit Post > Go Advanced.
Scroll down to and click on Manage Attachments.

Photos attached to that post will be at the bottom of the Manage Attachments dialog box.
Hover your cursor over the upper right corner of the image you want to delete and an X will appear.
Click on the X and confirm you want to delete the image in the confirmation box that pops up.

10x ND, huh?

Hmmmm. Did you cover the viewfinder?

Did not cover the view finder... The 30 second exposure I took last night also had a very very slight pink in the same spot. So slight no one seemed to noticed.

Backyard Sunset #2
by hunteryves, on Flickr

im not sure if this effects you but i just recently bought the cokin system and well doing my research i found that they are prone to light leaks.

Dont know what system you are using to hold your filter but i though i might just add this to the thread as another idea of what might have happened.

Note: i have dont a few long exposures with the coking system and have not had any light leaks.

ah, sorry i had in my hear you were using a drop in ND filter, with the screw on type it will not be an issue.

I just took a few more shots using the same lens, filter, and settings and they all look fine... Weird...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back