What's your favorite movie?

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Simple question, but I want to know anyway.

My favorite is King Kong... the REAL version, not the 78 version (*puke*), and not the new version (though it was well done, it doesn't have the same feel).

So what is your favorite?

this is easy star wars greatest movie ever made the first 3

I have a few... but Jacob's Ladder comes to mind right now.

Exorcist, with Strangeland a close second.

I've a few - all time fave used to be One Flew over the Cuckoos nest.......

Then Mr Jackson brought out the LOTR trilogy and blew that away

Funniest - Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrels and Snatch

Serious messages - Catch 22 and Clockwork orange

Gentle entertainment - Malcolm (an Australian Film Trust low budget gem)

I have many movies I like, but currently it is clearly

Tian bian yi duo yun (aka The Wayward Cloud)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445760/

Really a piece of art and not at all mainstream, hardly any dialogue. In parts funny, in parts disturbing, and beautifully photographed.

And certainly not for the faint-hearted moralists out there.
So you have been warned.
(Edit: just found a phrase which describes it pretty well: not for the bubble gum audience)

Oh two other examples from my favourites list are Hana-Bi and Fargo and Shaun of the Dead (British comedy).

Last edited:
Robin Hood prince of thieves - before that it was little mermaid lol. I saw Robin hood in a movie theatre / cinema in Salisbury (UK) and loved it!

I really like Army of Darkness. A lot.

AAAH!!! YOU ROCK!!! So many people don't know about this movie. I went to a haloween pub crawl as Ash one year, and not a single person recognized me out of hundreds of COLLEGE STUDENTS! I had the bloodstained blue shirt, the chainsaw arm, even the curl on the forehead and scars. But no one noticed... :(

"Well HELLOO Mr. Fancy Pants! I got news for you pal, you ain't leading but two things: Jack and Sh*t. And Jack just left town..."

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Anyone know why? Anyone? Anyone?

Here's why....
In 11th grade, friends with 2 neighborhood guys in 12th grade, we had a friend who worked in the attendance office. How the attendance went in school, if you came to school late, a notice was sent to your teachers to let them know you should be in class after x time. Attendance office had you now recorded as being in school. If completely absent, home was called.

So, we would skip morning classes all the time and go to school late. The problem with that was, we would always end up watching Ferris Bueller before leaving to walk to school late. Thus, we would never make it to class.

The good part was our friend in the attendance office. We would show up late at the office, she would record us as being in school. But she would not send out the notices to the teachers so they thought we were absent, thus not sending out a notice to the attendance office that we didn't show up.

Walking to school one day after watching Ferris Bueller of course, we had full intentions of going in late and staying. We were walking through a neighborhood and came upon a group of senior citizens walking the neighborhood. They stopped to chat commenting that "shouldn't you guys be in school?" We told them we were just going in late because it was so nice out. But, we weren't exactly positive we would make it there.

Several hours later we are at the mall. From behind we hear someone calling, "Boys! Hey boys!" We turn around to see the same group from earlier in the morning. "I guess you guys didn't make it back to school, huh?" and they had a good chuckle over it.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off caused many of absences at school :D

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Anyone know why? Anyone? Anyone?

Here's why....
In 11th grade, friends with 2 neighborhood guys in 12th grade, we had a friend who worked in the attendance office. How the attendance went in school, if you came to school late, a notice was sent to your teachers to let them know you should be in class after x time. Attendance office had you now recorded as being in school. If completely absent, home was called.

So, we would skip morning classes all the time and go to school late. The problem with that was, we would always end up watching Ferris Bueller before leaving to walk to school late. Thus, we would never make it to class.

The good part was our friend in the attendance office. We would show up late at the office, she would record us as being in school. But she would not send out the notices to the teachers so they thought we were absent, thus not sending out a notice to the attendance office that we didn't show up.

Walking to school one day after watching Ferris Bueller of course, we had full intentions of going in late and staying. We were walking through a neighborhood and came upon a group of senior citizens walking the neighborhood. They stopped to chat commenting that "shouldn't you guys be in school?" We told them we were just going in late because it was so nice out. But, we weren't exactly positive we would make it there.

Several hours later we are at the mall. From behind we hear someone calling, "Boys! Hey boys!" We turn around to see the same group from earlier in the morning. "I guess you guys didn't make it back to school, huh?" and they had a good chuckle over it.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off caused many of absences at school :D

That's a cool story. Your friend wasn't named Cameron was he?

My sister had a movie from the 80s called "Can't Buy Me Love." It starred the then un-famous Patrick Dempsey. But she loved that movie so much, she'd watch it EVERY SINGLE DAY in the summertime when she didn't have school. The tape ended up getting played soo much that the color faded from the picture, and the sound started going out in certain spots. I think she went through 3 tapes or so just wearing them out with usage. Hopefully she has a DVD now... :)

Tian bian yi duo yun (aka The Wayward Cloud)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445760/
That sounds interesting. After some googling I'm even more interested.

Hard to find though... I checked the places I usually check for DVDs and none have it. If you happen to know of a source I'd be interested (BTW, I don't care what region it is, or if it's NTSC or PAL - my DVD player will play it).

---

Hmm..., my favorite movie? It's hard to pick.
I guess if I had to pick just one it would be Blade Runner.

Getting well into my foreign films - Downfall is one - about the last day of nazi germany but its not like other war film at all - very poweful. Also the edukators is a great film but my favorite has to be Amarcord (italian) - good humoured but serious subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back