Whats your "Meyers Briggs" personality type?

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been diving back into a bit of personal research on the Meyers Briggs personality type indicator. (currently reading Type-talk, and wanting to follow it up with Gifts Differing)

I find it a really interesting way to try and understand people/friends/family a little better. (Although I am definitely aware it has its limitations)

Anywho- I was just curious who on here who happens to know what their type is, and if the results resonate with you.

I was type ENTP when I did this test many years ago. I remember thinking it was dead on when I read the summaries about this type.

What is your type?

INFJ for me! And yeah, pretty accurate.

@SquarePeg My sister is an ENTP! We get along quite well. :) As far as I can tell, I am INFJ, though my J/P was near 50%, but if I take tests that are only measuring J vs P- I test strongly J. I am hoping that by doing more research, I can be certain. I get a little frustrated in tests like these when they say things like "people think "x" of me" or when the results tell you how other people "see" you. I'm not other people, so how am I supposed to know if thats how other people experience me?!

@DGMPhotography, Me too! how interesting!

@SquarePeg My sister is an ENTP! We get along quite well. :) As far as I can tell, I am INFJ, though my J/P was near 50%, but if I take tests that are only measuring J vs P- I test strongly J. I am hoping that by doing more research, I can be certain. I get a little frustrated in tests like these when they say things like "people think "x" of me" or when the results tell you how other people "see" you. I'm not other people, so how am I supposed to know if thats how other people experience me?!

@DGMPhotography, Me too! how interesting!

High five! :band: (using this obnoxious band emote, because for some reason we don't have a high five one)

I get slightly different results depending on the day and version, but I am most often an INTP. Parts of it are fairly accurate, though the parts that don't feel quite right are the areas where I have sometimes scored on the other side of the scale. So it seems I am a bit of a mixture of INTP and INFP

Quite interesting, as I've tested for INFJ, as well. I thought only 1-2% of the population had this designation, yet 50% on here have it so far. Granted, only 6 people have responded, haha. ;)

I remember looking into this a while back (and agreed with it), but decided to look into what it meant again today. And, I would again agree (I read this assessment).

I'm a ESTJ-A
Ohh! I dont think I have anyone in my current circle who is ESTJ. I'll have to pay attention!

High five! :band: (using this obnoxious band emote, because for some reason we don't have a high five one)
lol! Clearly, who ever is in charge of emojis here should reevaluate their priorities.

My wife said the A stand for A**hole...lol
:giggle: Ya know. I have never really paid attention to the A vs T part of it all. I know I am T, but not sure what that entails! I will have to research this a bit further.

I get slightly different results depending on the day and version, but I am most often an INTP. Parts of it are fairly accurate, though the parts that don't feel quite right are the areas where I have sometimes scored on the other side of the scale. So it seems I am a bit of a mixture of INTP and INFP
I've read its fairly common to get stuck between two. Supposedly delving into the cognitive functions each uses is supposed to help you figure it out. So far, it just has me more confused.

Quite interesting, as I've tested for INFJ, as well. I thought only 1-2% of the population had this designation, yet 50% on here have it so far. Granted, only 6 people have responded, haha. ;)

I remember looking into this a while back (and agreed with it), but decided to look into what it meant again today. And, I would again agree (I read this assessment).

I've heard the argument for this is that. a) you are more likely to find Introverts online, and b) that INFJ's are one of the most likely to be interested in personality profiling, and therefore more likely to click into threads/articles on the subject. I am still trying to figure out if I am INFJ or INFP, but as I mentioned above- when I take a J vs P analysis, I rate high on the J scale. I would really like to confirm an answer though, because things are so much easier and organized when they fit into boxes! LOL

I've heard the argument for this is that. a) you are more likely to find Introverts online, and b) that INFJ's are one of the most likely to be interested in personality profiling, and therefore more likely to click into threads/articles on the subject. I am still trying to figure out if I am INFJ or INFP, but as I mentioned above- when I take a J vs P analysis, I rate high on the J scale. I would really like to confirm an answer though, because things are so much easier and organized when they fit into boxes! LOL
Haha.. and makes perfect sense! :)

First, how you score on MBTI (or DiSC or other personality assessments) is a function of what role you're referring to. For instance, a married woman who works and has two kids could have 3 different scores (if she answers when thinking about her marriage, or her relationship with her kids, or her experience and roles at work).

Second, I scored out as an ENTJ the last time I took the MBTI. I've taken it several times. The most consistent element for me is the EN.

First, how you score on MBTI (or DiSC or other personality assessments) is a function of what role you're referring to. For instance, a married woman who works and has two kids could have 3 different scores (if she answers when thinking about her marriage, or her relationship with her kids, or her experience and roles at work).

Second, I scored out as an ENTJ the last time I took the MBTI. I've taken it several times. The most consistent element for me is the EN.
This is an incredibly valid point, and where I think I struggle with taking these tests. For instance, I recall a question about travel- "My travel plans are very well thought out" - Or something like that. Well, If I were planning a trip myself, I would plan the entire thing out pretty in depth, (...and then I would get so tired of planning I would probably just stay home) However, I have learned that is difficult to stick with a plan with kids or when traveling with friends/family. So I circumvent the part of my brain that desires to stick to a plan and I simply make the "plan" "To let other people make the plan" Then I cant get frustrated when things don't go my way. So, how am I supposed to respond to the original question?

The wife read it and said it was spot on. I never read it. Her company was doing it. I forget why but it sounded hokie as I recall. She had to guess mine and got it right. She asked what she was and I said, COACH

Most reactions

Back