When did you feel "qualified" to critique others work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You meant you don't want to take a 'nice' photo? :-O Blasphemy!!! Hahaha :D Like my masterpiece below? http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/V...8-4871-95C6-6AE45AC6BCA9_zpsdoad6di8.jpg.html

I enjoy the abstract feel you were trying to achieve here, but I have to wonder if a different crop might make the image stronger. You might also consider just testing out the "delete image" function in your editing program. Perhaps that would also improve the quality a bit, as well as increasing the sense of "I wonder what that's supposed to be" I get when viewing the picture. ;-)

This is the kind of thread that makes me a bit crazy with this place.
The OP asks a question, some people respond honestly and others feel it is their right to really attempt to divert the thread and get attention.
The OP might go along to be a good sport but the end result is that not only doesn't she get answers but those who try and divert the thread seem to believe its ok because it goes on.

This is disrespectful to the OP and to those who have answered seriously.

Lew, the OP always has the right to report any posts that are derailing their thread. If she is unhappy, I would suggest that she report it and we will clean it up.

I don't feel qualified at all (as compared to some more professional/knowledgeable photographers on here), but I still comment because I, myself, enjoy feedback on my work. Even if it's "hey, what a cool shot!"
I occasionally will suggest something that even the regulars on here think is a good idea. That makes me feel like I may qualify

I can't say I've ever done any particular formal critique or remember when I might have started offering suggestions - probably whenever people started asking for my opinion or for help or ideas. I think it takes developing experience and expertise to be able to really critique someone's work but someone not yet that experienced can still offer their thoughts, even if it's how a photo made them feel or what they observed about it. I agree it helps to give a reason.

Usually, only when I'm high. :lmao:

Lew, loosen those sphincters a little. You'll live longer. :wink:

Jazzie, if I see something that I've just recently learned and practiced is when I will comment.

When I started not to think as much about what I see on the photo and what I will say about it.

Well opinions on this one probably vary, personally I think if you have something to offer in terms of how to improve the image in question then your qualified.

Thanks for all the valuable thoughts everyone. I suppose I'll just comment, cross my fingers, and hope I don't upset anyone.
the OP always has the right to report any posts that are derailing their thread. If she is unhappy, I would suggest that she report it and we will clean it up.
What if I derail my own thread? Can I report myself? Or should I leave that up to someone else? :giggle:

Thanks for all the valuable thoughts everyone. I suppose I'll just comment, cross my fingers, and hope I don't upset anyone.
the OP always has the right to report any posts that are derailing their thread. If she is unhappy, I would suggest that she report it and we will clean it up.
What if I derail my own thread? Can I report myself? Or should I leave that up to someone else? :giggle:

Girl, don't tempt me! I'll report you quicker than you can say that Robbins guy is weird!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back