When my travel plans seem far too daunting!

manda

instigator of pottymouthedness
Reaction score
Website
www.lyptonvillage.org
I've actually posted this in another forum...

I am currently trying to plan my trip overseas and the date that I had planned to be gone by is looming closer and closer and I've still not booked anything.

I have people I can meet up with overseas in various different places, and maybe one I can travel with through Europe(thats a big maybe) and he's already gone, so I'm starting to feel great pressure and panic that its never going to happen!

I know there are MAAAAAANY worse things to be complaining about but its really starting to get me down and I don't evne know where to begin.

Anyone felt like this when they were about to embark on a big trip before?

None of my friends can come...
Anyone wanna come with me? :(

Does anyone know of any good travel forums? Ive been searching the net and most have llike 2 replies in each thread.

Where you going manda? I have some airline miles to kill and what not. Just not enough time off to actually go unfortunely.

From what I can gather you see to be a person who seizes chance to live life, this might just be a set back. Atleast you have thought and planned it out. Seems a lot people dont really do this any more. I do hope things go well and you are able to have many manda moments in far away lands.

This is posted on my blog, Eric...

Here is where I *hope* to visit(whether I will is another story):
I have friends in the places marked with a heart.

Depart Sydney
FIRST LEG:
* LA ♥
* San Francisco
* Seattle ♥
* Portland ♥
* Chicago ♥
* New York ♥

SECOND LEG:
* London - to see much of England (England ♥ )
* Scotland
* Ireland(as if I wouldn't) ♥
I may need to work while here....

THIRD LEG:
* France ♥
* Spain
* Switzerland
* Italy ♥
* Austria
* Poland
* Czech Republic (Prague)
* Germany
* Netherlands ♥

Of course I'd love to go to Canada as well, I have lots of friends there but I think one would kill me if I was in Vancouver when he wasn't !
Its all a pipe dream right now, part of it is partly booked hehe
Whether I get the Euro part as is hoped is another story. We shall see!

Anyone want to meet up if I've left you off my heart plan? Leave me a message!
Any Aussies want to come with me?

well if you make it to seattle during the second week of july let me know. I will be there for a week.

Hope it all goes well manda.

Oh ps Kiddies? The kids rubbing off on you? ;)

Ohhh Manda Manda , I would SO come with ya...
The way my finances are at the mo I wont be leavin Aus again until this time next year probably :( ....
If I can wrangle it , maybe START of next year.
When are ya thinkin of leavin and how long will ya be travelling for ?
When ya say ya havent planned anything yet , whaddya mean ? That ya havent booked hotels etc ?

Manda, that is way cool if you can work it all out!

I think I read elsewhere that Min said she's gonna be gone for part of that time. I'm gone for part of it, too! I'm out of state Aug 28- Sept 5. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get to see you. :cry: It's been so long!

Yeah I'll be in SF, from Aug 26th to 31st.

Mands, I don't know what you have booked so far, but a thought to save airfare - I could either pick you up in or drive you up to Seattle (depending on where you go first) (You should come here first, it's closer to SF, why fly right over me?! ;) No, I'm not selfish.). It's only a couple hours, so it'd be a fun little road trip for us, then we could all hang out together for a while too. :)

hey, manda!
i dont know what your 'overseas trip plan' is, but if you ever gonna visit Poland - just let me know - i can help you with everything here -:),
pick you at the airport, find a place to stay -;)

i plan to visit france/paris in august for a couple of days...maybe you want to join?
pm/email me if you want to, i think it would be great if we could meet -;)))

cheers, anj

No southern swings touring this US Manda-Tour...? :( Of course if you come to Georgia that's dangerously close to Mad Dog's Carolina (is he North or South...? I've forgotten)...... we could also try getting the Kiwi to fly to GA to visit his folks during this time, and all meet up.....

Oh I can REALLY tangle it up for ya, babe! How am I doing so far? :D

I'm no help here. :wink:

Hey Manda...when you get to LA I'd love to buy you a cold one!
At the very least I can lay down some covering fire for you on the freeways! :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back