What's new

When We Collide

AdamK

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
212
Reaction score
5
Location
Isle of Man
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I went to Jurby beach to photograph the shipwreck but I got the tidal times wrong and tide came in around the shipwreck so I decided to photograph the waves!
I hope you like my photograph and I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Please view on black: When We Collide | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

 
need a little more sky i think. The horizon is almost at upper 1/3.
 
need a little more sky i think. The horizon is almost at upper 1/3.
Then wouldn't that break the rule of thirds putting the horizon in the middle or cut the start of the fold :(
 
I would make it wider ratio and cut out the bottom a bit.
 
Yup! What do you think?
Gives it a much better panoramic view, I see where you are coming from, brings out that colour too :D I was quite confused at first :P
 
Your yellows are approaching nuclear to me. Nice shot though.

Going to say they are much better on my calibrated monitor but maybe still just a tad too much saturated. I'm on the fence.
 
Last edited:
Your yellows are approaching nuclear to me. Nice shot though.

Going to say they are much better on my calibrated monitor but maybe still just a tad too much saturated. I'm on the fence.
It doesn't look to bad on my monitor, then again it was REALLY powerful sunset though, I had to look away when it came through the clouds because it was that bright! Thanks anyway Mwcfarms :D
 
Very nice shot. I agree with the crop too, definitely seals the deal for me.:thumbup:

btw, I really enjoyed your flickr page.
 
Another suggestion. I see that you love to play with your signature. Try this, make it a little more transparent and put it right on the top of the horizon in the middle or on the right where the orange is. Not sure if it will work but worth a shot.
 
Another suggestion which is not related to your photo at all, I love your the font and the shapes of your name. If I had your name, I would try replacing the A's with upside down V's. I think it would look awesome with that font.


Sorry, just having this creative thoughts all of the sudden.
 
Not liking the composition, it doesn't tell me anything, and at the same time, too literal to be anything abstract.

Also I'd have perhaps tried long exposure shot to get a misty water movement instead. I don't know if you were standing in the water so I don't know if you could set a tripod safely or not.

Another approach is perhaps take the photo from a different angle. Have the sun lit glow as the main background with the wreck in sight, so the silhouette of the wreck will be distinctive. You should also try a less wide focal length, or move closer to the wreck(safety first of course).
 
Maybe a full-size image would help, but I can't tell what the shipwreck really is.

If called to testify, I'd say it's an old dilapidated pier
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom