When We Collide

Loving the crop version too. Also the colouration looks fine on my monitor just in case you're wondering.

Very nice shot. I agree with the crop too, definitely seals the deal for me.:thumbup:

btw, I really enjoyed your flickr page.
Thankyou! Shwetty is a genius in that case :mrgreen: Also thanks again about the flickr page :D

Another suggestion. I see that you love to play with your signature. Try this, make it a little more transparent and put it right on the top of the horizon in the middle or on the right where the orange is. Not sure if it will work but worth a shot.
What shall I put the transparency as percentage wise? I will do this after college as I only have 15 minutes :lol:

Another suggestion which is not related to your photo at all, I love your the font and the shapes of your name. If I had your name, I would try replacing the A's with upside down V's. I think it would look awesome with that font.

Sorry, just having this creative thoughts all of the sudden.
So like like the middle bit of the A is missing? also with the transparency added to it?

Not liking the composition, it doesn't tell me anything, and at the same time, too literal to be anything abstract.

Also I'd have perhaps tried long exposure shot to get a misty water movement instead. I don't know if you were standing in the water so I don't know if you could set a tripod safely or not.

Another approach is perhaps take the photo from a different angle. Have the sun lit glow as the main background with the wreck in sight, so the silhouette of the wreck will be distinctive. You should also try a less wide focal length, or move closer to the wreck(safety first of course).
Would you like the composition to be higher as this is the lowest I could go without my camera having a salty bath :lol: Yup I was in the water I could get it respectably low, the tripod is good against sea water. I agree over the longer exposure but I was scared to lose the line as it only happened a couple of times as the basin filled it up meeting the sea water! That was my orignal approach to have the sun with the shipwreck in sight but the water over where that would be fesible was waste deep so I had to abandon that approach. This was taken at a 10mm focal length, again the wreck was out of reach as the water was too deep, if I used a shorter focal length I would of cut the bow wave out. But I could try again making the ship the main subject with the advice you have given! :D Thankyou for your advice much appreciated! :)

A full sized image? I do not quite understand?
I know its not the most clearest just I couldn't get near the thing as the water was rushing in around me! Thanks anyway :)

Thanks Frequency! You sure? its quite bright already! Might be my screen but I'll give it a go when I am doing that experiment Shwetty told me :greenpbl:

Loving the crop version too. Also the colouration looks fine on my monitor just in case you're wondering.
Thanks Mortovismo! As they say 'Every monitor is different!' but if its good on yours I am happy. :D

Yes, this is a separate idea. Use the same letter as the V but upside down. Ive seen it done before for a brand, can't remember what. Just try it out and see if you think it is as cool as I imagined lol.

Another suggestion which is not related to your photo at all, I love your the font and the shapes of your name. If I had your name, I would try replacing the A's with upside down V's. I think it would look awesome with that font.

Sorry, just having this creative thoughts all of the sudden.
So like like the middle bit of the A is missing? also with the transparency added to it?

Maybe about 80% opacity? Not sure, just try it. Maybe it isn't as cool as I imagined it. LOL

Another suggestion. I see that you love to play with your signature. Try this, make it a little more transparent and put it right on the top of the horizon in the middle or on the right where the orange is. Not sure if it will work but worth a shot.
What shall I put the transparency as percentage wise? I will do this after college as I only have 15 minutes :lol:

Shwettylens I have bidden to your specifactions with the font and I quite like it, I dropped the transparancy to 14% as 80% did nothing :greenpbl: Frequency I tried brighting the start it looked out of place and quite distracting even a little brighter so I have left it :p Oh forgot to say I put in a little shadow to blend it to the clouds!
Here is the 3rd change to Shwettys specifications and a few of mine:

Nice!.. I would put it even lower, put the bottom of the font just tiny bit above the horzion. The orange will give it a good effect on the font.

Nice!.. I would put it even lower, put the bottom of the font just tiny bit above the horzion. The orange will give it a good effect on the font.
Does this mean a warrant for a 4th mod to the photo? :lol:

Most reactions

Back