Where do you find your models? (female variety)

Look for group shoots on Meet Up. Attend and network.

Ask friends, family classmates etc. to get you started on your portfolio.

One (very important) skill that a photographer (of people) needs...is the ability to talk to and interact with people. The best portrait photographers are often very outgoing. A few that I know, would have no problem walking down the street and finding a completely stranger to pose for them.

I'm not like that very much. I met a pro like that one time at a show. Gift of gab, a real salesman. Know what you mean.

It might be your technique. If you are having trouble picking up girls, try offering money.

No doubt $$ talks. Maybe semi pro / pro models are better to work with? They know how to pose so the pix may come out better as well?

What have you found. Pro vs wannabee models?

Yes, in all seriousness; hire a pro, at least until you can find someone to pose in exchange for portfolio prints.

And pay attention to how the pro poses. Try to get as much "free" information as you can while she is in your employ.

and really do your research if your paying, check there refrences. some girls will claim there a pro but that doesnt mean there any good nessicarily.

and really do your research if your paying, check there refrences. some girls will claim there a pro but that doesnt mean there any good nessicarily.

+1

Or hire from a reputable agency

I find people walking around the city. Not homeless people. But seriously, yeah. You can ask friends too. Thats a good place to start if you are not established yet.

Try CraigsList...

Most reactions

Back