Where do you get your picture frames from?

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
For those that like to hang your work on the wall, where do you get your picture frames?

I get mine from Michael's. They usually have a fairly wide assortment and they always seem to have something on special. As well, their flyer that comes with the weeked paper almost always seems to a have 40% of coupon - good on the purchase of a regular priced item.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

american frame. At one time I used Light Impressions, but they have become a nightmare to deal with, so I would suggest avoiding them. For example, I am still waiting for a refund for materials not delivered with the order being cancelled in Jan. and I am not the only one in the same boat.

I buy my frames and mats at AC Moore and Michael's. Good pricing, large assortment to choose from.

For those of you who go to michaels and AC moore. Have you ever picked up a custom frame?

Love Wild Sorbet!

Uh, Wal-Mart. I've gotten some insanely good deals on clearance frames at Michael's, Kroger, Crafts 2000, basically anywhere there's a clearance section and a photo section. I pretty much only do wide black frames, but I'm toying with the idea of doing a "laundry line" sort of photo display in a hallway where you can change out the photos on the regular. I don't frame for clients, just for myself, so as long as the frames look good I don't really care where I got them from.

I went to walmart and was underwhelmed. I'll have to check out michaels.

AC Moore or Michael's

For those of you who go to michaels and AC moore. Have you ever picked up a custom frame?

No, I've only bought off the shelf. If you google, you might be able to find reviews on their work though. I guess you'd have to take into consideration that the qaulity of work might also vary between stores.

I have had an item custom framed at Michael's because it was an odd size. It's pricey even when they're running a discount but the results were very nice. I buy most of my frames at Michaels as well. I used to build them myself until I lopped off a finger with my table saw. I have this strange aversion to it now that prevents me from using it......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back