Where else do you "hang out"?

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The other day I noticed a username from TPF on another, non photography related, discussion forum. It got me to wondering...

Other than TPF and the obvious sites like FaceBook and Twitter, where else on the web do you hang out? What other discussion forums are you active on - both photo related and not?

What blogs do you read? Do you have your own? Is it photography focused or about something else?

Me: I'm an active poster on the flyertalk forums, sometimes I'm on tripadvisor (when I'm in trip planning mode), and I like fatwallet but don't post as often.

I browse photo.net, Flickr and 500px galleries. Most of the blogs I read are about parenting/family or how to save money/travel hacking: frugal travel guy, mommy points, loyalty traveler, the points guy, adventures for families...

Curious to hear what others are up to on the net.

Blogs/sites:
Jalopnik
Gizmodo
fstoppers
i09
axis of oversteer
crash.net
digitalrevtv
nikonrumors
canonrumors
Strobist
Phillip Bloom

Forums:
NASIOC
500px
formula1blog forum
and a few other places I won't mention.

I used to be a mod on DaniWeb, the IT forums.

My day job is a software engineer / sysadmin.

I can usually be found on stackoverflow

In terms of blogs, i mostly read The Register and Cracked.

World Golf Tour - an online golf game.

WGT makes 200,000 to 300,000 photographs of an 18 hole golf course, and in a 6 month process adds physics and terrain programming to produce the most realistic golf game there is online. There are 8, 18 hole courses so far and 4 more courses will be added in the next 13 months. There are also several Closest-To-The-Hole (CTTH), 1 shot per hole, 9 hole games.

We can play practice rounds, ranked rounds, tournament rounds, multi-player ranked or Alt Shot rounds, and Match Play rounds.
If it's legal where a player resides, we can even gamble money or credits on our golf skills.

Five of the 10 courses are USGA, US Open venues in US Open configuration. Two are British Open venues.
Oakmont Country Club (2007/2016 US Open) • Congressional Country Club (2011 US Open) • Kiawah Island Resort Ocean Course • St. Andrews Links • Royal St. George's • Merion Golf Club (2013 US Open) • Bethpage Black (2009 US Open)• Olympic Club Lake Course (2012 US Open) • Whistler (Canada) • Cabo Del Sol (Mexico)

To be added, and in order are: Pinehurst #2 (2005/2014 US Open venue. Will be added in about a month) • Bandon Dunes (18 holes made of par 3's from the several Bandon Dunes Resort courses. Photographed and in progress) • Pebble Beach Golf Links (for 18 hole play 2010/2019 US Open - scheduled to have the photography done) • Chambers Bay (2015 US Open venue).

Last edited:
I'm a mod on a GSXR forum, I'm there a lot. I'm on a uk photography forum, but it's not great, very close knit club. I'm on Twitter a lot, find that fun.

Not into blogs.

YELLOWBULLET.COM (Where the weak are killed and eaten),and the local (CNY) dragstrip forums....
Strobist
Photocamel
dpreview
Cambidge in Color
GoPro User Forum

Good call,KmH!!!

Last edited:
slickdeals.net
mixedmartialarts.com
Random photo blogs that I check every once in a while like diyphotography.
Amazon.com. I like reading reviews.

Blogs/sites:
Jalopnik
Gizmodo
fstoppers
i09
axis of oversteer
crash.net
digitalrevtv
nikonrumors
canonrumors
Strobist
Phillip Bloom

Forums:
NASIOC
500px
formula1blog forum
and a few other places I won't mention.

Funny I just checkd crash.net before coming here to see what the motogp teams are looking like for this year.

I noticed a user name on here the other day that matches one from a chat room I used to frequent. Wondering if it's the same person. They wouldn't recognize this name since it's not the same as the one I used there.

I hang out on 2Peas but it kind of sucks. Especially the photography board.

Only other forum I am frequent on is the Video Game forum on Amazon.

I go to POTN and mu-43, one is Canon and one micro 4/3rds, but tpf seems to have more activity so more so here

Pete's Lair tavern...I have a tab there...the ladies are hot!

Online... Ask Andy about clothes - men's style (not fashion) and edicate, Badger and blade - traditional wet shaving forum, Chowhound, The baking circle - Kingauthorflour, The blade forum, the fresh loaf - amateur and artisan bakers forum and Shotgunworld. I do not use the same name on any forum.

ps In short, Bespoke clothing, straight razors and shaving brushes, baking bread, cooking, cookware, knives and over/under shotguns.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back