Where else do you "hang out"?

It is amusing:) getting into discussions with moderators from here on other web sites where I am using a different user name.

KmH said:
• Bandon Dunes

Bandon, Oregon's nearshore seastacks are some of the prettiest on the entire west coast. Bandon is an incredibly beautiful place to photograph.

KmH said:
• Bandon Dunes

Bandon, Oregon's nearshore seastacks are some of the prettiest on the entire west coast. Bandon is an incredibly beautiful place to photograph.

Funny, I just added Bandon, OR to my bucket list the other day after seeing some truly gorgeous sunset photos on photo.net. I had to google Bandon Beach (the title of one of the shots) to find out where it was. Now regretting that our West Coast trip this summer only takes us as far north as San Fran.

KmH said:
• Bandon Dunes

Some pretty good cheese also comes from Bandon.

KmH said:
• Bandon Dunes

Funny, I just added Bandon, OR to my bucket list the other day after seeing some truly gorgeous sunset photos on photo.net. I had to google Bandon Beach (the title of one of the shots) to find out where it was. Now regretting that our West Coast trip this summer only takes us as far north as San Fran.

Google Boardman State Park...you'll desperately want to drive north to see that...Boardman State Park + photos - Google Search

Google Boardman State Park...you'll desperately want to drive north to see that...Boardman State Park + photos - Google Search

Ill have to save that for a more photography focused ;) trip. The Pacific Northwest is so beautiful, I think it deserves it's own week or two.

TDPRI - Telecaster Forum

I'm on another photography forum and read a few photography blogs. All the other blogs I read are related to linguistics or literature/writing. And though I've been very neglectful of my own blogs in the past couple of months, I'll normally spend some time writing for them. Other than that, I don't really hang out anywhere on the Internet. This semester's schedule is loony - seriously, I wonder what the hell I was smoking when I signed myself up for everything I'm doing this spring - so these days, I'm really too busy to hang out anywhere except for work or my home office where I continue working.

This past Saturday after I finished teaching/grading, I did actually have a little bit of time to do the unthinkable...I actually sat down and read a book! For pleasure! Some of you young whipper-snappers might think it's sad, staying home on a Saturday night, reading with my cats on my lap, but I don't give four flying frogs about what y'all think :) I was in heaven.

Other than Forums for my sports teams, Filmmaker Forum is about it.

This past Saturday after I finished teaching/grading, I did actually have a little bit of time to do the unthinkable...I actually sat down and read a book! For pleasure! Some of you young whipper-snappers might think it's sad, staying home on a Saturday night, reading with my cats on my lap, but I don't give four flying frogs about what y'all think :) I was in heaven.

oh oh oh... I wish I can read a book! I'm wanting it for so long but it's just not possible .....

I envy your Saturday night! I want a piece of that heaven! ;)

oh, I forgot to add, the only place photography related I visit is this one, TPF. I like the fact that I'm getting to know some people more because I'm spending time here. I wouldn't mind another forum, but I would go there just by recommendation not searching by myself.
I do visit some blogs but they are all from people I met here.

I'm in some forums about Misophonia though.

This forum is the only photography forum I participate in. I have looked at others, and even joined a few, but I did not stay long. This forum has better images, tbh. I like the diversity and range here. The comments are more honest and in depth. It is just a good group of people with a variety of knowledge and areas of expertise. That is my sincere opinion. There are perhaps more spats here, but I think that goes along with the level of passion, and so it is forgivable. I have even participated in such squabbles occasionally.

I read some blogs, amolitor and The Traveler from this forum, and several others.

I participate on the Pit Bull Chat forum.

A few magazines, and that is about it.

For photography I'm mainly here and POTN. I concur with Jenko that I like the feedback here better than POTN. Many times I'll see images on POTN that I think aren't very good and the feedback is all "great shot!". I feel like TPF is a better spot to get feedback that will actually make you a better photographer.

Many of the models and photographers that I network with are on Tumblr so I'm working on growing my presence there. I have a Flickr and to be honest I don't really like Flickr anymore but some days I get over 10,000 views so I'll keep it for awhile, I guess.

I check out FlyerTalk occasionally, someone else mentioned that. Also Manager Tools and Slowtwitch.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back