Where should the line be drawn with child photographs?

Offensive? No. CPS wouldn't take issue with this.

But to go off your idea that this is questionable for older children but ok for younger: I think most adults (men and women) look back at their shirtless childhood photos (because we ALL have them!) with fond memories. We're not offended by them or weirded out by them. Just think, 15 years from now, will you be comfortable showing these photos to your daughter? I assume your answer is yes, but just some food for thought as to when the "shirtless cut off age" should be.

Gorgeous images.

To you they're innocent, but they're also personal, and in my modest opinion belong in your home, in a photo album or frame, but not on the internet for the world to see and abuse.

This. I don't find them offensive or provocative but I don't understand why you would want to share those with the public.

shooting 61 Years, a working studio Pro since 1964. I see No Issues whatsoever. It is simply a beautiful Image.........period.

Personally, I'd be worried about the people who are questioning it. I don't understand how someone could derive an idea like that, based off of your image. I must be an idiot...

No I'm not certain, but I took the images down because it made me second guess my judgement. Wanted to get other professional opinions before considering to repost them
Why are you asking others how you should feel and how you should judge things? Everyone's different. Reminds of the joke of the guy who goes to the doctor.

"Doc, everytime I raise my left arm over my head this way, I get this strange feeling in my shoulder. What should I do?"

"Well, stop raising your arm like that."

I felt that the photos tastefully conveyed the idea of purity and innocence, ..
Can we talk about the photographs now?

Yes, you did a very good job of meeting your goal. It could be argued that a shirt would have detracted from your intent.

You will always here this from someone, unfortunately. Just ignore and go with your gut. As mine got older, I did choose to not share topless photos publicly. People will complain about anything, breastfeeding images, birth, or an innocent child playing who happens to be not clothes. (are toddlers ever? [emoji23])

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The only thing troubling me is the posing. Nice setting... good lighting... BEAUTIFUL model... not so much with the posing.

Sort of plopped down showing the back of her open hand... rigid horizontal line formed by her arm...

I think you have to do additional photography. You're on the verge of greatness with this concept.

NICELY DONE!!

I often say nakedness does not equal sensual. And when the subject isn't even a sexual being... ?
I'm not surprised though in this day and age. I'm afraid Dan might be right. Share them only with people who love you. Unless you get that amazing moment with the perfect pose.

-Pete

Whoever has an issue with the shots that you posted comes from the new class of people who want to be offended to give them something to yell about.

You will always here this from someone, unfortunately. Just ignore and go with your gut. As mine got older, I did choose to not share topless photos publicly. People will complain about anything, breastfeeding images, birth, or an innocent child playing who happens to be not clothes. (are toddlers ever? [emoji23])

I'm curious what your kids would say as adults had you published the photos. Did you ask them? This could be another consideration in a parent's decision about these things.

The OP had the issue with the shots. That's why she started the thread and asked the question..
That is not the way I understood it.

Whoever has an issue with the shots that you posted comes from the new class of people who want to be offended to give them something to yell about.
The OP had the issue with the shots. That's why she started the thread and asked the question..

This is from the original post: I felt that the photos tastefully conveyed the idea of purity and innocence, as is often the goal of child photographs, but someone mentioned to me the idea that child protective services would have an issue with this.

I'm curious what your kids would say as adults had you published the photos. Did you ask them? This could be another consideration in a parent's decision about these things.

I actually do ask my kids if I can share their photos, and have since they we're old enough to care or know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back