What's new

Where to buy?

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 8, 2010
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
15
Location
Elkton, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for a Canon XS Body only...

I looked on craigslist, and on amazon and I don't know where else to look...

I can get one used on Amazon for $299, but it is from an independent seller and I'm not sure that I trust that with something so "expensive"...

Any other suggestions of sites that are "trustworthy"?
 
Adorama.com
B&Hphotovideo.com
KEH.com
Photos4less.com
Calumet.com

To name a few.

... $299...with something so "expensive"...
Welcome to the world of photography. :biggrin:
 
photos4less.com autodirected me to voyager360.com and calumet.com auto-directed me to kraftrecipes.com... :/

Adorama & bhphotovideo - when I searched for canon xs, it comes up with kits... I am trying to get a body only because I don't need the 18-55 kit lens that comes with it :/

KEH - I could only find film SLRs... :(

Am I a complete idiot?? :/ lol
 
I didn't see any XS (non-i) body's except for ebay. There's a few highly ranked sellers with new (non-refurb) with 1 year canon warranty for $409. Probably can't go wrong, just register it with canon when you get it.
 
I've seen the price for the Nikon D300 run away form 539.00 up to 1700.00. I have a D50 and would like to really move up to the 300. has any one pickup one o fhte lower priced camera.
 
ALright - I want opinions on whether or not you all think this seller is "safe" on Amazon... I have decided on this camera body, and this is the least expensive I can find it :)

Don't go buying my camera!!! lol! :)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html/ref=olp_merch_name_2?ie=UTF8&isAmazonFulfilled=0&asin=B001KAK1LW&marketplaceSeller=0&seller=A2EYHD68V8NLRI"]Amazon.com At a Glance: clickpic[/ame]
 
Last edited:
I've seen the price for the Nikon D300 run away form 539.00 up to 1700.00. I have a D50 and would like to really move up to the 300. has any one pickup one o fhte lower priced camera.

where'd you see a d300 for 539?!?

was it working? lol
 
anyone? any opinions?? I'm really bad at judging safe and I'm one of those really paranoid people who RARELY buys online lol...

Just in case anyone misses the question I am asking now it's 2 posts up... and here..

Do you think it is "safe" to buy this body from this seller on amazon?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/feedback.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&asin=&marketplaceSeller=&seller=A2EYHD68V8NLRI"][/ame]The sellers name is clickpic... The link is a couple posts up but for some reason I can't get it to work again :(
 
Last edited:
Like the good saying goes "if it looks to good to be true it probably is"
I'm not sure if I would trust just a random person selling on amazon unless they have tons of good feedback. Not sure but usually the entry level cameras can only be bought with a kit lens usually not body only. GL
TJ
 
k... i'm gonna swallow my strong urge to just do it and i'm not going to do it - i'll just wait until i have my tax money and can afford to pay a little more :)
 
No, I would not trust that Amazon seller. This is probably about as good a deal as you'll find:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Rebel-10-1-Megapixel-Digital-Camera/dp/B001KAK1LW/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266526517&sr=8-9]Amazon.com: Canon EOS Rebel XS 10.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only): Electronics[/ame]
 
I am looking for a Canon XS Body only...

I looked on craigslist, and on amazon and I don't know where else to look...

I can get one used on Amazon for $299, but it is from an independent seller and I'm not sure that I trust that with something so "expensive"...

Any other suggestions of sites that are "trustworthy"?

Ebay has the new buyer protection set up. If it isn't what is listed or it is somehow F***ed up and the seller won't help you get it figured out, ebay will reimburse you.

Just a thought.
 
if you feel like waiting till about august il sell you mine, but prolly not, its just i dont have another body untill after summer when i have money for a d90
 
You mean there is some other place that sells cameras other than Adorama?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom