which is the best dslr?

and how heavy it is (weight ends up being a shock to some when they first pick up a DSLR, and glass only makes them heavier).

Although more of a pain to carry around, heavier cameras help combat "camera shake". Something about inertia.

Good glass matters more than you camera body. Pick a brand, get your entry level body, with a kit lens. You'll soon want more lenses. If you buy good glass, you will have it for a long time, an you'll be set when you decide you want a better body.

I agree here. Personally I would go with either Canon or Nikon simply because its easier to find used lenses and such that are in mounts for those cameras. I personally shoot Canon but Nikons are equally capable. Keep in mind that the lenses are brand specific, so whatever you pick, once you start buying lenses, you are pretty much stuck with that brand.
Thats why I wouldn't pick the sony. Those lenses ONLY work on that wierd compact camera ( it is NOT an slr ). I believe that it can also use the sony lenses from their SLR line but if I am not mistaken there is no stabilization, or they won't autofocus, or something. ( there is some sort of limitation, I just forget at this moment )

I did not read all the comments here but I'd suggest to decide on a budget. You cannot just ask what's the best camera and expect an answer. Look for 2-3 cameras within your budget and read reviews and watch videos on youtube. Don't start searching other cameras because you will always find a better one and get in a dilema for no reason. Just like everyone here said, it all depends on the lens.
If you have any specific questions abt a specific camera after you read reviews and searched the forum but did not get an answer, you can open another thread.

Hope it helps... Good Luck...

and how heavy it is (weight ends up being a shock to some when they first pick up a DSLR, and glass only makes them heavier).

Although more of a pain to carry around, heavier cameras help combat "camera shake". Something about inertia.

Physics and their laws...

I don't mind the weight of mine, and I don't mind the weight of a D3x, but the first time my mom picked up my camera she was SHOCKED...and actually pulled a muscle in her shoulder. Long story...but yeah...doesn't like the DSLR, so she doesn't use it!

I did not read all the comments here but I'd suggest to decide on a budget. You cannot just ask what's the best camera and expect an answer.

....im currently considering canon 500d,nikon 5000d and the sony nex 5...:)

Not only did you not read the all the comments here, you didn't read the OP. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back