What's new

Which lens/filter should I buy?

Doc_CSB said:
smortimerphoto asked a sincere question. No need insulting him by calling his question "retarded". And yes, defending a noob asking a sincere question says as much about me as denigrating some one for asking a sincere question says about you.

this is like beating a dead horse...

It's not a sincere question! How are WE supposed to know if HIS current focal range is good enough for HIM?!?!
That's something that only HE can know the answer to.

..…exactly!.....we can't answer that for him! lol

So...asking a question that we can't answer is...retarded.
 
Last edited:
Doc,

Just be careful, those who ride high horses fall the furthest.
 
Not riding a horse but I am wondering how anyone can judge OP's sincerity. Just because one cannot answer a question does not make the question "retarded". But wait...maybe the question is answerable. In fact EPPhoto did answer the question, and respectfully, before EP labeled the question "retarded". Interesting, when did the question go from answerable to "retarded"? As a psychiatrist, I find this sort of thing fascinating.
 
I remember when I began taking pix, I bought a polarizing filter that helped me make nice ones.
 
I agree with maxk re: a circular polarizer. I sail alot and a CPL is great on the water and on the beach. Also consider a UV for protecting your glass. I also have a rigid hood on any lens I take out of my bag. A protecting filter and a hood may seem like over kill but it is cheap insurance for expensive glass. I use Hoya Pro1 filters.
 
Erm...that's a weird setup. If you're considering buying those lenses, I'd go for the 18-200. The 10-22 is ultrawide and unless you're going to be using that all the time, don't get it. Especially it's just 8mm shorter than the 18mm.
And having a 100mm macro as your only lens is just stupid...Well unless you're dedicated to macro shots.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom