Which lens should I buy?

Now I see where you're coming from Nate. Yes the f/2.8-4 not the f/2.8. The one you are talking about is a great lens. The $100 Sigma is garbage.

So we agree, lol.

Now I see where you're coming from Nate. Yes the f/2.8-4 not the f/2.8. The one you are talking about is a great lens. The $100 Sigma is garbage.

So we agree, lol.

LoL.

Does anyone know of a good zoom lens around $100 that isn't garbage? I'm interested.

Canon 50mm f/1.8 all the way.

If you can get the Mark I version (which will cost a few more dollars because of its rarity), it's well worth it.

Why? That lens performs well across the aperture range, meaning that you can use it practically for any occasion (I've used it for street photography, with GREAT success). It's excellent for portraits, though it's not in the same league as the 50 mm f/1.4. It's also super freaking sharp (because it's a prime). You won't get the same sharpness with the Sigma zoom (or most zooms, for that matter).

It is built very poorly, especially with the Mark II. The Mark I had a metal mount, which held the housing of the lens much better than the plastic mount seen on the Mark II. I dropped my 50mm a few feet, and the entire thing came apart. You can't expect more than that with $80 though...

Last edited:
50mm 1.8 no question asked :D

Most reactions

Back