Which Lens Should I Take?

another thing is ive heard this time of year its not as crowded, and from some other disney photographers posts, if you are in the park for the extended hours. like from 9pm-12am they had some areas of the park all to themselves to shoot.

im going to just try and stick with my 18-55 during the day and then when the kid and wife are worn out im going to try to take my bag with me to get some night shots off by myself where im not holding them up or keeping them from having fun.

i was dissapointed when i found out how bumpy the safari ride was for most people and its almost not worth having your camera with you. i know disney was going for realism but when you have animals in that type of envirement but arn't able to get good photos of them thats kind of a letdown.
Very true, the extra magic hours allow you to get great night (or early morning shots) of the park with very few people in them. Or you can just hang around late. As the park starts to clear out the employees tend to be quite tolerant of people hanging around and taking pics.

Another thing I like to do is find an angle where the people simply aren't an issue. As far as the safari ride you need to run a very fast shutter speed. ;)

i was dissapointed when i found out how bumpy the safari ride was for most people and its almost not worth having your camera with you. i know disney was going for realism but when you have animals in that type of envirement but arn't able to get good photos of them thats kind of a letdown.

I went on the Safari ride last August and I totally agree with you. The bumpiness of the ride made it almost impossible to get any decent shots. Half way through the ride I stopped trying to take any pics...that was disappointing.

Most reactions

Back