Which Lowepro Bag?

azwizzard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking for a new bag to replace my Fastpack 100. Right now I only have my T1i and 3 lenses (but I am always on the lookout for a new lens or 2)

I have read TONS of reviews, looked at TONS of pics and watched some vids, now I am just more confused...

I have narrowed it down to 3 choices...

Lowepro Flipside 300
Lowepro Fastpack 200
Lowepro Fastpack 300.

I like the idea of the Flipside being more secure, but I do like that I can access my camera pretty fast with the Fastpacks.

For the Fastpacks, I do have a small notebook computer, and while I would really never carry it around with me day to day, it would be nice to be able to throw it in the back while taking a plane trip...(I really only fly 1 - 2 times per year so it would be used all that much)

For those of you that have / had both styles of packs, which one do you prefer and why?

Out of the Fastpacks, what size do you prefer the 200 or 300?

Trying to recommend a camera bag is like trying to tell a women what purse to buy without her seeing it..... Each one is different, and suits people differently. And, IMO, there is no one bag that "does it all". I have four different bags depending on what I'm doing & what I want to bring with me, so keep that in mind for long term.
Everyone recommends going to the store and "get hands on" with a camera before buying... I think this is just as important with a bag.

I have read TONS of reviews, looked at TONS of pics and watched some vids
IMO, you really need to see a camera bag, in person, before knowing it's the right one for you.

I did the same thing, and had decided on a particular bag or two, but when I went into a camera store that had a good selection of bags, I realized that the ones I thought I wanted, were too small...so I bought one that wasn't on my radar at all.

Yeah, seeing them in person would be a huge help... I have the Flipside 300 and you can actually access it really quickly too, assuming you have the waist strap latched... you just pull it off of your shoulders and swing it around to the front of you and it sortve suspends itself straight outward allowing access into the bag.. its really quite cool.

I just dont really like the shape of it, its sortve blocky / square-like... It would be a good fit for your current lens collection, probably with some room to spare... I think I have my 7d with Tokina 11-16 attached ( with hood ), a 100mm ( with hood ), 580 EXii, 18-55 and a 50mm 1.4 ( with hood ) in the bag right now.

I have a Flipside 300. It just isn't quite big enough to house the Holy Trinity (14-24, 24-70 & 70-200mm) with their hoods reverse mounted plus the D700. I have to strap the hoods onto the top grab handle. The zipped side pocket is pretty much useless for anything thicker than a couple of memory cards.

I also have the Slingshot 200. This works well for me as long as I don't go loaded for bear. Meaning, the one shoulder strap can work on your left shoulder if you're doing an all-day hike. Great bag for my primes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back