Which pic?

Clay Olmstead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Which picture is better? I can see pluses and minuses both ways.

P1260467-2.jpg P1260469-2.jpg

Both are very nice but the first one gets my vote because it doesn't have the plain blue sky at the top. I think you might be able to get away with lowering it just a little, somewhere in between the two you have here. It would also be nice if you could see just a little more detail in the bridge so you could differentiate it from the mountain in the background.

I'd turn the first one in to a square crop and get rid of the top portion of the photo. :)

Well, here's a vote for the second one. I agree about the blue sky at the top, but for me there is more water than necessary in the first one, and I would rather darken the sky at the top of the second and/or crop some of it out. Just my two cents ...

I prefer the first one.

I actually like the second one better with some adjustment. The first one has a lot of pattern in the clouds and the sky and they seem to compete in drawing the viewer's eyes. This could almost make for two pictures.

I like seeing the pattern in the clouds in the second one, but the balance could be better (seems top heavy) because of the silhouette of the bridge making for a dark shape across the composition. I'd think about a slight crop of the top and see if that looks better.

Nice getting that sky.

I prefer the first one as well, as that little hump on the horizon with the light protruding from it looks good in the center. However, I do like how there is more sky included in the second; the cloud pattern looks just a bit cut off in the first. Good pictures!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back