Which SLR Camera to buy?

brothersanju

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy my first digital SLR camera and need help to decide which one.

Requirements:
- Should be bale to use it for Clothing Photography inhouse
- Should be able to connect to a PC and able to see the image which I am going to click (thethering I suppose)
- Should be having the ability to connect to strobes wireless

Thanks.

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
Any time you ask for equipment recommendations, PLEASE include a budget. In fact almost any SLR made today will meet these requirements. For any sort of product photography, the camera is the least important part of the equation; the lenses and lighting are what make or break the images. I am not 100% sure if the entry-level Nikon bodies permit tethering, but I believe that all Canon ones do, (nb: Nikon charges extra for their tethering software, Canon IIRC includes it with the camera purchase).

If you're using manufacturers speedlights for lighting than you will need to ensure you have a body which has a "Commander" mode (Nikon term, unsure of others), however I would recommend the purchase of a separate wireless trigger system. These can cost from $50 to $250. I would also avoid Sony as their non-standard hotshoe may be problematic.

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
And it likely won't take you more than a year or so to learn how to use the DSLR, lights, and light modifiers to make half way decent commercial grade images of the clothes.

table1349

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
makemyday.jpg

This has been asked a million times. Try the search function first, then come back with specific questions please.

Most reactions

New Topics