Which SLR Camera to buy?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by brothersanju, Feb 5, 2012.

1. brothersanju

brothersanju TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy my first digital SLR camera and need help to decide which one.

Requirements:
    - Should be bale to use it for Clothing Photography inhouse
    - Should be able to connect to a PC and able to see the image which I am going to click (thethering I suppose)
    - Should be having the ability to connect to strobes wireless

Thanks.

2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Any time you ask for equipment recommendations, PLEASE include a budget. In fact almost any SLR made today will meet these requirements. For any sort of product photography, the camera is the least important part of the equation; the lenses and lighting are what make or break the images. I am not 100% sure if the entry-level Nikon bodies permit tethering, but I believe that all Canon ones do, (nb: Nikon charges extra for their tethering software, Canon IIRC includes it with the camera purchase).

If you're using manufacturers speedlights for lighting than you will need to ensure you have a body which has a "Commander" mode (Nikon term, unsure of others), however I would recommend the purchase of a separate wireless trigger system. These can cost from $50 to $250. I would also avoid Sony as their non-standard hotshoe may be problematic.

• Like Like x 2
  3. KmH

KmH In memoriam Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    And it likely won't take you more than a year or so to learn how to use the DSLR, lights, and light modifiers to make half way decent commercial grade images of the clothes.

4. table1349

table1349 Been spending a lot of time on here!

[​IMG]

This has been asked a million times. Try the search function first, then come back with specific questions please.

• Like Like x 1