Which SLR Camera to buy?

brothersanju

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy my first digital SLR camera and need help to decide which one.

Requirements:
- Should be bale to use it for Clothing Photography inhouse
- Should be able to connect to a PC and able to see the image which I am going to click (thethering I suppose)
- Should be having the ability to connect to strobes wireless

Thanks.

Any time you ask for equipment recommendations, PLEASE include a budget. In fact almost any SLR made today will meet these requirements. For any sort of product photography, the camera is the least important part of the equation; the lenses and lighting are what make or break the images. I am not 100% sure if the entry-level Nikon bodies permit tethering, but I believe that all Canon ones do, (nb: Nikon charges extra for their tethering software, Canon IIRC includes it with the camera purchase).

If you're using manufacturers speedlights for lighting than you will need to ensure you have a body which has a "Commander" mode (Nikon term, unsure of others), however I would recommend the purchase of a separate wireless trigger system. These can cost from $50 to $250. I would also avoid Sony as their non-standard hotshoe may be problematic.

And it likely won't take you more than a year or so to learn how to use the DSLR, lights, and light modifiers to make half way decent commercial grade images of the clothes.

makemyday.jpg

This has been asked a million times. Try the search function first, then come back with specific questions please.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back