Who Says you can't shoot early afternoon sunlight

oldmacman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mcavoyphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This shot is from a series that was started about 2 in the afternoon using the sun as a backlight, and one speedlight with a Rogue bounce attachment. C&C welcome.

HannahGorge5.jpg

Nice job! Im right with you, I personally like shooting that time of day.

Great shot. But did you soften the hair? It just looks out of place? Or maybe that's just me. Still, great shot.

I know you would not say it if you ever shot a wedding. They happen around this time for the most part.
-
Nice job and shoot well, Joe

Nice job! Im right with you, I personally like shooting that time of day.
Thanks. I have to admit that I really didn't get to choose the time of day.

Great shot. But did you soften the hair? It just looks out of place? Or maybe that's just me. Still, great shot.
Yes to hair smoothing. My own personal preference I guess.

Nice work! :)
Hey, thanks.

I know you would not say it if you ever shot a wedding. They happen around this time for the most part.
-
Nice job and shoot well, Joe
I never plan to shoot a wedding. To many variables to juggle, but I certainly respect those that do.

Thanks for looking, everyone.

I really like the look of hair softening on this pic. How do you achieve that?

Who Says you can't shoot early afternoon sunlight ?

Not me, lol. Not very realistic when you are a pro. there are only so many hours in the day to work in and you need to be able to shoot during all of them. So, it is more a question of light control. :)

Other than the highlight on the shoulder, the light on the girl is good. I would however like to see a bit more detail in the trees to the left. Too much solid black there for my taste.

nice shot...er, did you asnwer about the hair?

well if you use a flash......

Nice lighting but do you have something against the top 1/4" of her head? :p

Most reactions

Back